Post by PGOK » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:29 pm

mr. music wrote:anyone have it?
Here it is-
Santa Cruz Band Review

and the new parade route-
Map

and parking guidlines-
Guidlines
“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”

— Groucho Marx

Yoda
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Santa Cruz Line-up....?

Post by Yoda » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:08 pm

Interesting route…new street seems a tight fit for some of the large bands.

No matter, this is always a great scenic locale for a band review.

In the early years, the review went down the main business district on Pacific Avenue until they changed the street with center islands & wider sidewalks. As you marched into the competition zone you could plainly see the “Alfred Hitchcock/Psycho” mansion on top of the hill.

Great line-up as usual. Good luck to all the bands!

crickett
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crickett » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:26 pm

I am the band director at Santa Cruz HS. We are co-host of the band review with the Boardwalk. My assistant director and I made this current plan. We made this plan based on our collective experience with band reviews. We very strongly believe this will be better for bands and students. In addition to the community as a whole. Our school has no parking lots and busses were unloading in neighbors yards at 5AM. And I'm not sure if it is humanly possible for middle school kids to be quiet. Now bands get to park in the lot and stay in the same place for the whole day. I am hoping that kids might actually come back and watch bands perform since they will be able to find it easier. The review should feel more connected and less spread out.

Looking forward to Saturday and all those bands marching in my town!!! It sure makes it better since we are the only competitive marching band in our county! It's such an awesome thing to have so many bands and band kids invade!

mvasquez
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mvasquez » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:13 pm

The new route looks great. Do you know the width of the competition street? Will the stand be on the street or the sidewalk?
Looking forward to another great Santa Cruz Band review. Thanks for all of your hard work! mvasquez

crickett
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crickett » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:44 pm

The competition street is 46' wide, four feet wider than the previous street. The stand will be similar to previous years, half in and half out of the street. :)

musikteecher
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by musikteecher » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:58 pm

I like the round about parade route... it's will be easier to find our busses. It was always an adventure to locate our busses among all the other busses when we got to the end. :lol:

Looking forward to Saturday! Good luck all!!
You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish!