Marching Band Commentary

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

BBlade

Marching Band Commentary

Post by BBlade » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Hello, I'm a freshman clarinet player who is curious on constructive criticism on my marching technique, playing, and overall band. I was very impressed and endowed by many of the discussions taking place here, and wished to join this community.

My high school has a small marching band (48 people total). About two years ago the district cut its funds towards the music program and their was a lack of commitment, which caused the marching band program to crash in the 2011 season. Ever since I joined 2013 season, a new colorguard group and drumline was added since there wasn't one last year because the program was restarted in the 2012 season.

If you are curious to see where I am in our field show, I'm the clarinet player in the very back; left to the girl on the fifty-yard line.

Thanks for watching :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj67uHgeLYo

stewartjames008
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Marching Band Commentary

Post by stewartjames008 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:33 am

Marching bands are cool and those who are in it are cooler. I love to know about those who worship marching bands.

DWC

Re: Marching Band Commentary

Post by DWC » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:12 pm

BBlade wrote:Hello, I'm a freshman clarinet player who is curious on constructive criticism on my marching technique, playing, and overall band. I was very impressed and endowed by many of the discussions taking place here, and wished to join this community.
I'm just a band dad, so I'd never try to comment on anyone's maching or playing. But I do want to say I enjoyed watching your show, and how awesome it is to see Wilcox High School back on the field again. Give it all you've got!