LAUSD Championships lineups

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

flutemom
New Recruit
New Recruit

LAUSD Championships lineups

Post by flutemom » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:34 am

Does anyone know when (and where) the lineups for the LAUSD Championships will go up?
TIA!

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LAUSD Championships lineups

Post by Bandmaster » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:46 pm

If the last several years are an indication, don't look for SCSBOA to list either the line up or the results. Its seems they shut down after their Championships. Somebody from LAUSD will eventually post them here on the forum. So just keep checking back every day.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

flutemom
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by flutemom » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Thanks. I'll keep looking here.

JC
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JC » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Fore!
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fore! » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Hey, Dave - they're posted on the SCSBOA site. As Always. You just needed to wait until the final lineup was announced today!!

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Fore! wrote:Hey, Dave - they're posted on the SCSBOA site. As Always. You just needed to wait until the final lineup was announced today!!
Anthony sent them to me early this morning, but I wasn't home to be able to post them today until just now. Last year SCSBOA posted neither the line up or the results!
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

ODannyBoi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ODannyBoi » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:25 am

I wonder why Pail is listed as 2A. I mean, they were 3A Silver medalists at SCSBOA Championships. I know they only march like 72 musicians, but that still seems weird, especially given that the SCSBOA sanctions the LAUSD Championships.

I heard Pali at Savanna. They had an amazing sound; so nuanced and beautifully blended. One of the music judges put them Box 5'd them. I'm rooting for them to take Sweeps.
Daniel J. Magallanes
Director of Bands,
Monrovia H.S. - Monrovia, CA
www.MonroviaMusic.org

flutemom
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by flutemom » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:49 pm

ODannyBoi wrote:I wonder why Pail is listed as 2A. I mean, they were 3A Silver medalists at SCSBOA Championships. I know they only march like 72 musicians, but that still seems weird, especially given that the SCSBOA sanctions the LAUSD Championships.

I heard Pali at Savanna. They had an amazing sound; so nuanced and beautifully blended. One of the music judges put them Box 5'd them. I'm rooting for them to take Sweeps.
That's an old line-up. Somebody told me that there's a newer one that has Pali as competing in 4A, which is strange as they competed at Hart in Division 3A.

Rich
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rich » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:27 pm

To clear up some confusion, Palisades Charter High School will be competing in the 4a division at LAUSD champs. Our performance time is at 7:30 pm. We are the 2013 SCSBOA silver medalists BUT we will be competing in the 4a class at LAUSD champs. Thank you for your support and interest of the 2013 Pali Marching Band and Colorguard.

-Rich Hernandez
Palisades Colorguard caption head