Ohio State Marching Band - TBDBITL

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

dr
Drum Major
Drum Major

Ohio State Marching Band - TBDBITL

Post by dr » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:38 am

I hope everyone's been watching the remarkable Ohio State Marching Band TBDBITL this year. Though not as fast or intricate as the shows we normally see in high school field shows and certainly not as crisp as DCI shows, they are performing picture shows the likes of which I've never seen before. The pictures are crystal clear, animated, and different each week, with very strong playing. One of the latest was a show featuring a Michael Jackson figure almost 50 yards tall doing the moon walk in a Michael Jackson Tribute Show and they did not appear to have any breaks or flaws in the formations. There is a Beatles Show, a Video Game Show, a Disney Tribute Show, a Gangnam style show, What Does the Fox Say, and more. They have been featured regularly on All In with Chris Hayes, a political news program on MSNBC. I don't believe they were doing anything like these shows last year.

Maybe Chris Hayes was in marching band at some point. I know his colleague Rachel Maddow has mentioned on her show that she was in marching band in high school, which in her case appears to have been Castro Valley High School. 1987-1991 and possibly Stanford University after that. I've heard other celebrities mention their involvement in high school marching band. It would be interesting to find out who was in marching band. Judging by the number of people all around the country I've met since graduating high school that eventually get around to admitting they were in marching band in high school, too, I'll bet the number of band geeks is much higher than anyone would guess.
Semper Musicus
800M miles/hour! It's the law!