Renegades Suspended from DCA

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Renegades Suspended from DCA

Post by Hostrauser » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:27 pm

This has gone surprisingly under the radar! Several weeks old and I just heard about it today.

Renegades agree to serve 1-year suspension from DCA in 2013:
http://www.dcacorps.org/?p=3247

What happened? I mean, I've heard all sorts of stories of senior corps hijinx; this went beyond that? :shock:

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Renegades Suspended from DCA

Post by Bandmaster » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:58 pm

(I have my inside sources.... but don't quote me. :wink: )

What I heard was that the owner of the Hotel they stayed at complained about the Renegades to the local business association who then took the complaint to the DCA Chapionship organizing folks. They questioned the President of the Renegades and he caved in and accepted the suspension. But as it turns out, whoever booked them into that hotel messed up because apparently it had mostly long term semi-permenent residents who then complained about the noise level from the Renegades. What group goes on a cross country trip and books a hotel where you can't party a little? The word I have is that many are upset that the President gave in to pressure from DCA too easily and should have fought the allegations. Some also think maybe it is a convenient excuse to stay home one year because it is an expensive trip from California.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:19 am

That's what I've heard, too. Except this can hardly be the first rowdy DCA group in a hotel and really, a one-year ban is awfully extreme for that. And the Renegades are talking about heading to Europe and competing (maybe) in DCE next summer, so saving money sure doesn't sound like a rationale.

I don't know. I've heard bits of rumors from both sides, and NONE of them add up. There sure seems to be something more going on that no one wants to talk about.

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Psalm 56 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:53 pm

Hmmmmm... East coast bias?!?!? :td: Apprecitate the memebers of the Renegades who performed the NATIONAL ANTHEM at the Dublin H.S. Field Show. Again, EAS COAST BIAS?!?!? Please....the Renegades are the first DCA corps to be a "little" rowdy in the hotel?!? SIGH.....