BOA & the 2005 Rose Parade

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

BOA & the 2005 Rose Parade

Post by Wildabeast » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:31 pm

I got some info from BOA in my email regarding this.

BOA received an invitation from the Tournament fo Roses to perform in the 2005 parade. This "honor" band is to be made up of 300 winds, 40 percussion, and a 60 member flag and dance team. George Parks will be the director.

To participate, your graduation year must be 2004 or later (current seniors are eligible). The deadline to apply is March 15, 2004, with selection and notification of acceptance by April 15, 2004.

Wind players need to send an audio recording (cassette or CD only), and percussion and guard/dance members need to send in a videotape.

Application cost is $40.00.

*The digest from which I got this info did not contain contact information. If I get it, I will certainly pass it on.

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

boa rose parade

Post by altohack » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:01 pm

how neat.. but only 300 winds from cassettes and CDs from the entire united states? (or any band who participates in the boa circuit) boy would that be a lot.
No regrets

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:48 pm

yep
Last edited by Wildabeast on Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:42 pm

Here's a link to the online application.

http://www.bands.org/public/events/gn/roses.asp

Good luck to those who pursue.

bari_benzo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bari_benzo » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:56 pm

The Rose Committee has been great supporters of BOA in the past. This is truely a great thing that is to become! The designed uniform for the parade looks fantastic!

Sure wish they would let past Honor Band members participate. Sure would be something.

I strongly encourage anyone and everyone to audition. An opportunity like this doesn't come very often.
Eddie E.
rccband.org Web Administrator
Ramona (Riverside) High School c/o 1999
Suita City Wind Ensemble - Clarinet

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:29 pm

New incentive for those that have participated in All-State: You are exempt from auditioning for the BOA all-star marching band that is going to march down Colorado Blvd. in 2005.

From the BOA enewsletter:

<<ALL STATE PLAYERS: You've proven to your state association you can play with the best of them, now come play with the best of the best at this year's parade. All State Players are exempt from the audition portion of the application process. Simply fill out the application, have it signed by your parent or guardian, include the $40 application fee and you're IN! Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to march with the Honor Band at the Tournament of Roses Parade THIS January!...>>

Click on: http://www.bands.org/public/events/gn/roses/roses.asp for the application and to view a tentative itinerary.

Deadline for applying is March 15.