winter
68%

Total votes: 34

pinksmurf749
New Recruit
New Recruit

Field vs Winter

Post by pinksmurf749 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:15 pm

what do all you prefer, field season or winter season? And if field season, do you like field or street better. Why do you like it better?
-autumn

~ last year i liked winter soo much better, but it might of had to done with field season, we had death shrouds. do i need say more?
colorguard is the best!

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:33 pm

i like field more because its when you get to habg out with the whole band but winter is pretty awsome too becuase its more personal.
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:20 pm

Winter, because it's all about the guard. Instead of just being a fraction of the score, the spotlight is on you, and it's more personal like flagratgirl said. You are closer to the audience and theres more of a connection.

split5050
Rookie
Rookie

Post by split5050 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:44 am

Eventhough winter is way more work than field, you dont have to worry about re-setting for the band. All you have to worry about is yourself and your fellow guard members. When I was in HS (like it was so long ago) we practiced so much more than when we were on the field. I ended up spending so much time with them that we would pretend that we were one big family (instructors were mom etc.)

I think that winter brings so much time management and responsibility that field can not even parallel what winter has to offer. I can no longer perform in winter, and I am very distrot about it. I know that I will always miss winterguard, but I think that it was time to move on.

Winterguard, not field, has taught me about people skills, leadership, friendship, and overall life-management. It has taught me how to be a better person.

To me there is no comparison, Winter has a totally different life of its own that can not be described.
Derrick Tousley
Rancho Cuc. H.S. (01-03)
SCV 03, 04, 07
Corona 06

pinksmurf749
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by pinksmurf749 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:27 pm

why cant you perform in winter any more?
colorguard is the best!

go go rifle go
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by go go rifle go » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:09 pm

i like winter waaay better because the show is completely focused on the guard. i usually get a lot more into my performance during winter season. having your audience 2 feet away from you is such a rush. i love it!
friends... ya know!

split5050
Rookie
Rookie

Post by split5050 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:44 pm

I can no longer perform in Winterguard, because of a lack of money. There are very few Winterguards in Texas and the commute would be expensive as well. I wish I could still march, but I dont see that happening for me.
Derrick Tousley
Rancho Cuc. H.S. (01-03)
SCV 03, 04, 07
Corona 06

gallantlady

Post by gallantlady » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:53 pm

I personally like field season much better...but that is manily because i like hanging out with band ppl more than guard. But i also like winterguard because, as a lot of you have said, its more personal and u can get into it more. but i just love marching out on the field with my band twinkie friends and yea...lol thats all!
I am an HBM (honorary band member) to LO-HI marching regiment!! WE FEEL GOOD OH WE FEEL SO GOOD!! OSOS! YOU KNOW!

gallantlady

Post by gallantlady » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:53 pm

I personally like field season much better...but that is manily because i like hanging out with band ppl more than guard. But i also like winterguard because, as a lot of you have said, its more personal and u can get into it more. but i just love marching out on the field with my band twinkie friends and yea...lol thats all!
I am an HBM (honorary band member) to LO-HI marching regiment!! WE FEEL GOOD OH WE FEEL SO GOOD!! OSOS! YOU KNOW!

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:09 pm

i like field season more simply because my experiences on winter are not the best experiences a person could have... :) and besides field is so much more fun and relaxed, and i actually get closer to people during field than during winter.
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

will it ever be over?

Post by RifleLova » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:00 pm

Even though i've had quite some embarassing things happen to me during winterguard (like everyone being on the sides of the mat and it's right before your show starts so you're trying to get to your position and right in the middle of the mat you trip and fall)...i dont mind! It still wins, hands down. i love winterguard!! i just love it and i don think anything can change that! i just can't wait until field is over...i think it's three more weeks from now? YES!
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

RifleDiva86
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleDiva86 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:32 pm

For field season are you talking about actual field show competition, or drum corps? I have never done field show, but drum corps is amazing. Touring all over the US and going to DCI this past summer was the expierence of a lifetime. Always running out of breath during the closer but still giving it your best....It's awesome...
With Winterguard, it's so much more different... you don't have the drumline and the horns performing with you on an enormous football field, you have 29 other members on a canvas floor in a gym. Being able to perform almost face to face with the audience.
These two sports are totally different and I love them both, although, I must say that I do have a soft spot for winterguard...
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice your gift.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:49 pm

hanging out woith the band in field season is more fun, yeah, but when you're talking just performance I like winterguard better.

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:12 am

field season all the way! it's just so much more exciting. band camp, and bondings, and zero/first period, and football games, and field competitions, and band reviews, and double days (ahh, my absolute FAVORITE :D ) and monday night rehearsals and omg, it's sooooo much fun!!!! :D :D I wish it were longer than 3 months, it goes by too fast. :(

plus i haven't liked our winterguard show's very much, although last year, i had some really good spots in our show, it just wasn't that fun of a song. :(

field season on the other hand ALWAYS gets me pumped up!!!! :D :D :D

plus this year we are doing chicago, need i say more??? :lol:

and autumn, no more death shrouds!!!! lol

caifbandfan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by caifbandfan » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:39 pm

I don't know. I kinda like marching with the band.