BOA Regionals update

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

05percussion
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by 05percussion » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:45 pm

could someone who was there please tell me what music Westfield used. I know who the composers are but I haven't read which pieces they are using.

rickyric
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Americas was robbed

Post by rickyric » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:58 pm

[quote="cougarparent"]Etiwanda won the BOA Western Regional and it was deserved but by far the second best band there was Americas. The music was performed beautifuly and the marching was extremely clean with great effects. I spoke with many people after the performances and they agreed with me. The bands that finished ahead of Americas had fine shows with great music but the marching and music were not on par with Americas.[/quote]

Americas was a great band and I liked their music and show. I was surprised as you they placed so low. I myself think that the BOA professional trained in this field did not like the easy loud cords. They played well, but too much standing. Notice that the bands that placed above them all had moving very up tempo contrasts. The recaps had them doing very well in GE and Visual, but their music was 4th from the bottom in score. :lol:

JLGORMAN
Section Leader
Section Leader

Boa Results

Post by JLGORMAN » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:48 pm

I am one Texan that is happy the Texas Bands from El Paso area did so well. They have never been a factor in our UIL State Competitions, and that is primarliy because they are so far away from us. Every chance they have to compete will help them to get better. They should look at the fact that four of them beat Thousand Oaks and Ranch Cuccamonga, both very good Bands. Two them beat an outstanding Upland Band. I think that their parents should be happy with such an improvement. If they continue to compete on this level, their future is unlimited.
Deep in the Heart of Texas. Home of the III Mobile Armored Corps and the 1st Cavalry Division, serving America in Iraq

rickyric
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Boa Results

Post by rickyric » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:14 pm

[quote="JLGORMAN"]I am one Texan that is happy the Texas Bands from El Paso area did so well. They have never been a factor in our UIL State Competitions, and that is primarliy because they are so far away from us. Every chance they have to compete will help them to get better. They should look at the fact that four of them beat Thousand Oaks and Ranch Cuccamonga, both very good Bands. Two them beat an outstanding Upland Band. I think that their parents should be happy with such an improvement. If they continue to compete on this level, their future is unlimited.[/quote]

I liked the Texas Bands. I was impressed with so many from El Paso. I really liked Americas and Bel Air. Would like to see some of them visit us out in California. :lol: