Kingsmen StarCorps Anaheim,CA is actively recruiting members

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

frets2

Kingsmen StarCorps Anaheim,CA is actively recruiting members

Post by frets2 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Hello Drum Corps Family,

My name is Bob "Fred" Frederick. I am the newly appointed Corps Director for the Kingsmen StarCorps from Anaheim, CA. I marched with the 1974 Anaheim Kingsmen, the 2007 Kingsmen Alumni Corps at the DCI World Championship Semi Finals (in exhibition), held in the Rose Bowl, as a member of the Bass Drumline. I was also on the field with the 2009 Kingsmen Senior Corps (I marched the American Flag).

I am posting today to let everyone know that we are ramping up efforts to field a World Class Level DCI Drum and Bugle Corps for the summer of 2012. We are actively seeking members for all sections of the corps. We have rehearsals scheduled for Tuesday nights at the Los Alimitos Joint Forces Training Base, 40th Infantry Division Band Room, 4506 Doolittle Ave., Los Alimitos, CA 90702. This base is the same base that the 1972 DCI World Champion Anaheim Kingsmen rehearsed. Our ultimate goal, if I dare say, is to one day return the DCI Championship trophy to its original home.

We are working out details for an Open House at the Los Alimitos rehearsal site in the next few weeks. I will, of course, post that information here when all the details are finalized.

If you are interested in joining or if you have any questions you may contact me at: frets2@hotmail.com or on my cell at: (978)618-2420.

Bob "Fred" Frederick
Corps Director
Kingsmen StarCorps
Spectemur Agendo

confucious
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Kingsmen StarCorps Anaheim,CA is actively recruiting members

Post by confucious » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:04 pm

well, interesting, are you in the process and have applied for world class status? has DCI approved you guys? I mean, that's good and all, but it's hard to believe what you are saying. IF you have been approved already, than yeah....welcome back!! if not, then don't give kids false hopes please. BTW....it is spelled Los Alamitos..... :D

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fillydog » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:09 am

confucious wrote:well, interesting, are you in the process and have applied for world class status? has DCI approved you guys? I mean, that's good and all, but it's hard to believe what you are saying. IF you have been approved already, than yeah....welcome back!! if not, then don't give kids false hopes please. BTW....it is spelled Los Alamitos..... :D

Obviously we have to go through the channels of course. We're gearing up NOW tho.

Good work Fred!!!

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by malletphreak » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:55 pm

Well hey Fred congrats and good luck :)

What is the current status of the junior corps? What's their show schedule if there is one? What are the numbers?

Can't wait to see some form of Kingsmen back on the field...

Fillydog wrote:
confucious wrote:well, interesting, are you in the process and have applied for world class status? has DCI approved you guys? I mean, that's good and all, but it's hard to believe what you are saying. IF you have been approved already, than yeah....welcome back!! if not, then don't give kids false hopes please. BTW....it is spelled Los Alamitos..... :D

Obviously we have to go through the channels of course. We're gearing up NOW tho.

Good work Fred!!!
Wendy
Kingsmen Alumni Corps 2007
Kingsmen Senior Corps 2009
San Francisco Renegades - 2010, 2011
San Francisco Renegades Assistant Corps Director - 2012, 2013