riverside show?

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

soso21280
New Recruit
New Recruit

riverside show?

Post by soso21280 » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:08 pm

why doesn't the riveside show have all the riverside bands?
i dont get it!
please explaine this for me!

SoCalBandFan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: riverside show?

Post by SoCalBandFan » Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:35 am

soso21280 wrote:why doesn't the riveside show have all the riverside bands?
i dont get it!
please explaine this for me!
Which show are you referring to? RCC? If that's the case, it's because some bands do not do WBA circuit shows which RCC is one of. Also, the Lester Oaks show is at Ramona HS in Riverside the same day and it's an SCSBOA circuit show.

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran

Riverside show

Post by BlueStarMom » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:48 pm

John W North Blue Star Regiment (BSR) is an SCSBOA member. Lester Oaks is SCSBOA judged. The RCC Big Orange Classic is WBA sanctioned event. This year the BSR has an opportunity to do both shows. Riverside Poly is an SCSBOA participant. Some of the Moreno Valley High Schools participate in WBA shows.
BlueStarMom
:)

SoCalBandFan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Riverside show

Post by SoCalBandFan » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:09 am

BlueStarMom wrote:John W North Blue Star Regiment (BSR) is an SCSBOA member. Lester Oaks is SCSBOA judged. The RCC Big Orange Classic is WBA sanctioned event. This year the BSR has an opportunity to do both shows. Riverside Poly is an SCSBOA participant. Some of the Moreno Valley High Schools participate in WBA shows.
I SAID SOME. NOT ALL!

Many bands cross over and do both circuits and many bands do not. The fact is my answer as to why a lot of the Riverside schools didn't attend the RCC show was a fair answer. And yes, I know all of the Moreno Valley schools will attend at least 2-3 SCSBOA shows this year. My son's school (Valley View) is even hosting an SCSBOA field show on Monday November 10th.