Competitions after the High School life

A place for student leaders, drum majors, section leaders, student council members, etc.

Moderators: dmcoach, nopsbs

tyree1418

Competitions after the High School life

Post by tyree1418 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Hey I was wondering what competitions are there after high school. I haven't been in one in about 2 years and want to do it again. I am in NorCal and know they don't have any Drum Major Competition up here, so I need my SoCal DM to fill me up with information.

Thanks!

ChamberKid209
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Competitions after the High School life

Post by ChamberKid209 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Two in Northern California that I know of are the Pleasanton and the Woodland highland games.

dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by dmcoach » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:19 am

WDMA (http://www.wdmaonline.org/wdma/WDMA_Circuit.html) is planning on coming up to Merced to host a drum major competition early 2011. A Professional division for graduates could be arranged if enough interest is generated.

8-)
Bryan Ray
Drum Major Instructor, Parade Advisor
Too many to list

DMPwer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by DMPwer » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:22 pm

tyree1418 wrote:Hey I was wondering what competitions are there after high school. I haven't been in one in about 2 years and want to do it again. I am in NorCal and know they don't have any Drum Major Competition up here, so I need my SoCal DM to fill me up with information.

Thanks!
Hey Tyree :)

- You can always look for marching bands that are looking for Drum Majors.

There are Drum Bugle Corps that always look for new Field DM's. I dont know if you ever have done Field Band, but it's really fun!

- As dmcoach mentioned, WDMA is a organization dedicated to the art of Drum Major. They host DM competitions down south and do include a "Professional" division for High School graduates. WDMA might be planning a competition up here in Merced. I've been to a WDMA competition, it's awesome!
Umayr Sufi
Granada H.S Asst. Drum Major 2008-2010
Drum Major Instructor
http://www.umayrsufi.com