SCSBOA Championships

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director, Trumpet Man 05

Post Reply
User avatar
The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 3598
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:58 pm
Location: Escondido, Ca
Contact:

SCSBOA Championships

Post by The Aceman » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:04 am

Who's planning on going? The lineup is the top ten in each division with the lowest combined season score of the ten performing first and the highest last.
So with that info what do u think the lineup for the diff. divisions will be :?:
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
Image

User avatar
The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 3598
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:58 pm
Location: Escondido, Ca
Contact:

Post by The Aceman » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:07 am

Also if your planning on attending another associations championships, not SCSBOA tell us, and which association you prefer.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
Image

User avatar
formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
Posts: 3510
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Contact:

Post by formermarcher » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:16 am

For 3A....this is how I see it (cause I'm more closely affiliated with 3A).

The top 10 right now are:

1. Riverside Poly- 163.4
2. Westlake- 160.7
3. Royal- 160.5
4. Glendora- 156.9
5. O'side- 153.55
6. San Clement- 151.05
7. Bonita- 149.45
8. Serrano- 148.8
9. Don Lugo- 146.85
10. Indio- 146.15

Now these scores will change again for this week and next because the pre-limb time ends Nov. 8th. Expect each group to do two more shows at the very least.

The way I see it lined up, Riverside Poly, Westlake, Royal, Glendora and O'side are safe to make it in for 3a (unless either of them performs really poorly). I don't expect to see Indio nor Don Lugo remain in the top 10 (both because the scores are so close together).
My predicitons with two shows left to go are:

1. Royal
2. Riverside Poly
3. Westlake
4. O'side
5. Glendora

As for the other 5 bands, I'd expect to see:

Hart
San Clemente
Bonita
Serrano
West Covina (assuming they stick with SCSBOA Championships).

So those are my 3A predicitions...assuming all bands mentioned are participating in SCSBOA Championships.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

User avatar
Mad City
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:52 pm
Contact:

3A Finals

Post by Mad City » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:38 am

formermarcher wrote: My predicitons with two shows left to go are:

1. Royal
2. Riverside Poly
3. Westlake
4. O'side
5. Glendora

As for the other 5 bands, I'd expect to see:

Hart
San Clemente
Bonita
Serrano
West Covina (assuming they stick with SCSBOA Championships).

Valencia will be in the top 10!!!
"If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done"

gangemi
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:02 am
Contact:

Post by gangemi » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:35 pm

formermarcher wrote:For 3A....this is how I see it (cause I'm more closely affiliated with 3A).

The top 10 right now are:

1. Riverside Poly- 163.4
2. Westlake- 160.7
3. Royal- 160.5
4. Glendora- 156.9
5. O'side- 153.55
6. San Clement- 151.05
7. Bonita- 149.45
8. Serrano- 148.8
9. Don Lugo- 146.85
10. Indio- 146.15
I see you have been visiting and taking information from my website...how about some props?

User avatar
The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 3598
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:58 pm
Location: Escondido, Ca
Contact:

Re: 3A Finals

Post by The Aceman » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:02 pm

Mad City wrote:
formermarcher wrote: My predicitons with two shows left to go are:

1. Royal
2. Riverside Poly
3. Westlake
4. O'side
5. Glendora

As for the other 5 bands, I'd expect to see:

Hart
San Clemente
Bonita
Serrano
West Covina (assuming they stick with SCSBOA Championships).

Valencia will be in the top 10!!!
Is Valencia 3a?
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
Image

User avatar
formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
Posts: 3510
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Contact:

Post by formermarcher » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:06 pm

A'right!
Sorry G!
PROPS TO GANGEMI! Thanks for providing the scores!

And we'll see about Valencia...they are 3a. We'll just see.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

User avatar
The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 3598
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:58 pm
Location: Escondido, Ca
Contact:

Post by The Aceman » Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:35 pm

Any 4a, 5a, or 6a predictions?
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
Image

gangemi
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: 3A Finals

Post by gangemi » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:57 pm

Goth_MV_Tenor wrote:
Mad City wrote:
formermarcher wrote: My predicitons with two shows left to go are:

1. Royal
2. Riverside Poly
3. Westlake
4. O'side
5. Glendora

As for the other 5 bands, I'd expect to see:

Hart
San Clemente
Bonita
Serrano
West Covina (assuming they stick with SCSBOA Championships).

Valencia will be in the top 10!!!
Is Valencia 3a?
Valencia/Valencia is 3A. Valencia/Placentia is 4A

gangemi
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:02 am
Contact:

Post by gangemi » Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:00 pm

Goth_MV_Tenor wrote:Any 4a, 5a, or 6a predictions?
I saw Murietta Valley last week at Ramona. WOW! Good show. I think they will do well in 5A. Granada Hills will also do well, as will John North. For 4A, don't count Moorpark out of making the top 10 again this year. They have 2 more shows before the deadline and they are sounding great.

As for 6A, I gotta give the nod to Etiwanda. They are simply stunning. All of the 6A groups attending are great, but Etiwanda is stunning.

BlueStarMom
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:57 pm
Contact:

Scsboa

Post by BlueStarMom » Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:19 pm

I would say in 5A JW North and Murrieta Valley probably. The BSR from North won the 5A championship last year....my daughter was a senior, what a way to go out, on TOP. :D :D :D
BlueStarMom
:)
___________
Blue Star Regiment
You'll Never Walk Alone

User avatar
saugusbandgeek
New Recruit
New Recruit
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:02 pm
Location: Saugus
Contact:

Post by saugusbandgeek » Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:15 pm

I'd say Hart and Westlake will be there for sure along with Riverside Poly, Royal, and Glendora. Valencia? Maybe, but all I've heard about them is that they won there first show. Guess what, Los Alamitos won their first show, and then somebody came along and beat the snot out of them at their second competition.

Speaking of the 2A...... well no scores from Santa Margarita or Capo Valley yet. Santa Margarita waited until the last minute last year and that was not a mistake. Quite frankly I highly doubt that Santa Margarita won't make it again. Capo Valley not sure about because they got a new director.

As for everyone else in 2A, well Patrick Henry has decent scores poster but I've never seen them in the past. Same with Norco and Yucaipa, anyways here's how I see the invites in no particular order:
Santa Margarita
Patrick Henry
Saugus
Los Alamitos
Los Angeles
Alta Loma
La Puente
Capo Valley
Valhalla
Yucaipa

Others who might make it with a last minute score boost:
Tustin
Redlands East
Charter Oak
Bloomington
Last edited by saugusbandgeek on Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saugus High School Marching Band
2000-2004

angelgurrl151
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:53 pm
Location: hart!
Contact:

Post by angelgurrl151 » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:29 pm

formermarcher wrote:For 3A....this is how I see it (cause I'm more closely affiliated with 3A).

The top 10 right now are:

1. Riverside Poly- 163.4
2. Westlake- 160.7
3. Royal- 160.5
4. Glendora- 156.9
5. O'side- 153.55
6. San Clement- 151.05
7. Bonita- 149.45
8. Serrano- 148.8
9. Don Lugo- 146.85
10. Indio- 146.15

Now these scores will change again for this week and next because the pre-limb time ends Nov. 8th. Expect each group to do two more shows at the very least.

The way I see it lined up, Riverside Poly, Westlake, Royal, Glendora and O'side are safe to make it in for 3a (unless either of them performs really poorly). I don't expect to see Indio nor Don Lugo remain in the top 10 (both because the scores are so close together).
My predicitons with two shows left to go are:

1. Royal
2. Riverside Poly
3. Westlake
4. O'side
5. Glendora

As for the other 5 bands, I'd expect to see:

Hart
San Clemente
Bonita
Serrano
West Covina (assuming they stick with SCSBOA Championships).

So those are my 3A predicitions...assuming all bands mentioned are participating in SCSBOA Championships.

Hey! I'm a newbie on this site! Well I am from Hart and I wanted to let yall know the only reason we are not in the top ten right now is because we have only gone to one SCSBOA comp this season. At that comp we score an 83 which is the 2nd highest score any 3A band has posted. We did a WBA comp and didnt have a comp last weekend because of scheduling conflicts. Tomorrow is Rampage which we will get a score at! I just hope school being canceled for the past 2 days because of the fire near us (i was evacuated o the joy) won't affect our score! o wells. btw- in case u didnt know, we won champs last yr for 3A but who knows what will happen! this has been a crazy week!
[/b]

User avatar
saugusbandgeek
New Recruit
New Recruit
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:02 pm
Location: Saugus
Contact:

Post by saugusbandgeek » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:07 am

Hey it's been crazy for all of us! New person from hart, I'm the new person from saugus :) Good luck to both of us today!
Saugus High School Marching Band
2000-2004

gangemi
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: SCSBOA Championships

Post by gangemi » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:00 am

Goth_MV_Tenor wrote:... the lowest combined season score of the ten performing first and the highest last.
Actually, I am not so sure this is correct. From what I understand, the bands are not being "seeded". Once the top 10 are in place SCSBOA will do a draw on November 15 or 16 to determine the lineup for each group.

Mike Gangemi
Assistant Director of Bands
Westlake HS

Post Reply