Interesting Video about Education

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Interesting Video about Education

Post by Psalm 56 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Hello:
Please take time and look at the following and let us know what you think. Please do pass it on to folks. The lecturer is an arts teacher. He may be some radical "nut" however, this one excerpt from a lecture, I can agree with. So, if you respond by telling us how crazy Sir Robinson is... this one excerpt hopefully won't be listed as one of those crazy things said by a crazy teacher. :lol: I know nothing else about the man. I haven't spent hours/seconds researching his profile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDZFcDGpL4U
RSA Animate - Changing Education Paradigms lecture given by Benjamin Franklin Award Winner Sir Ken Robinson.

LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. Even if you disagree...I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!

cymtech
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Interesting Video about Education

Post by cymtech » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:00 pm

i thought his speech was pretty good. i agree with him. i work with kids from age 12 to 22 and i can tell you right now that those younger kids are some of the most creative outside of the box thinkers ive ever seen.

saxplyr7
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Interesting Video about Education

Post by saxplyr7 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:04 pm

Pretty much agree with him because being only 18 I see how school works now and how college is different (for some things) then just the standard public education system. I remember going through elementary school and yea being more "advanced" than the others but they all just hold you to that level with everybody else because you're the same age group. Same w/ middle and somewhat of high school just depends on how you chose your courses, but for the most part you're with your own age group. There's the "advanced/AP kids" and then there's the "regular kids". Which was sorta the same thing he talked about with "educated"/"non educated" in a sense. That's how it translated to me at least, but yea I don't know what I'm saying now >.< Being in college pretty much makes you or breaks you. To me it's pretty much you're on your own with a bunch of different age groups, like in my math class I have people who are 2nd and 3rd years in there and same with my Art class currently. It is so crazy and you have to do it yourself. I am so surprised at the illustration of the Paper clip usage and how 98% of us are considered "Genius" at the age of 3-5 but as we get older we do become limited to the "one answer" type of thinking. There's only one way to get this done and this is how, no other way! Again I don't know where I'm going with this but like I said being 18, he pretty much said it all and yea I can vouch that is exactly how school really is, especially today.
Vista Murrieta Golden Alliance
GA '06 "Celestial Sketches"
GA '07 "Heroes"
GA '08 "Waves"
GA '09 "The Nile: River of Life"