Post-season staff changes

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

OrangeCountyIndy
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by OrangeCountyIndy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Bandmaster wrote:
confucious wrote:Very well put Dave.......give at least links to press releases for all this "wealth of information" you claim to have, or go away
The fact that he has only made two postings so far is the dead give away... either he is new and just doesn't know any better, or he made a new account so he could drop bombs and duck!

cymtech wrote:sounds like theres a lot of angry VK ppl in here....
Cymtech, it seems you don't when to keep your fingers shut... don't push your luck or I'll ask you to go away too!
Ok, duck and run . . . Here I am. In fact, I sent you a private email repsonding to the post you made about rumors. I was polite, professional, but honest. You have yet to respond. This type of discussion from a MOD should absolutely be done privately, tactfully and professionally. Like I said in the email I sent you, anything I post comes from first hand knowledge of either being involved in the organization personally, or receiving the information directly from the source: whether it has been made public yet or not! Calm down. Speak to people with repsect. If you have such an issue with someone, handle it privately, and stop threatening to cancel people's accounts. We are all here because we love the activity! Respectfully, again!

User avatar
Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1658
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Upland, CA
Contact:

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by Bandmaster » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:02 pm

OrangeCountyIndy wrote: Ok, duck and run . . . Here I am. In fact, I sent you a private email repsonding to the post you made about rumors. I was polite, professional, but honest. You have yet to respond. This type of discussion from a MOD should absolutely be done privately, tactfully and professionally. Like I said in the email I sent you, anything I post comes from first hand knowledge of either being involved in the organization personally, or receiving the information directly from the source: whether it has been made public yet or not! Calm down. Speak to people with repsect. If you have such an issue with someone, handle it privately, and stop threatening to cancel people's accounts. We are all here because we love the activity! Respectfully, again!
Sorry, my DSL has been acting up big time and I have barely been able to go online for the last two days, plus I have been busy with other projects. I hope you noted that most other folks were quoting from official statements made by the corps in question. You were tossing out mutliple statements with no source given and your last comment "Who knows what will happen to Renegades" was totally without merit. I am sorry if I misread your intent, but we have had many folks try to drop bombs by registering new accounts that hide their indentities, and you did not sign your posting with a real name. Cymtech has been warned multiple times over the last year and I have received many complaints about him, so I cut him little slack at this point. It is because I love the activity I took offense. So many groups have a rough time making ends meet and recruiting, so when unkind publicity is just thrown out there with out careful thought it bothers me! If you did not mean it that way I am willing to overlook it this time, but please think about the consequences to making public exclaimations with out proper support. You are more than welcome to become a regular member of forum! But please consider adding your true indentity to your signature file, it will give your comments added credibility.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

confucious
New Recruit
New Recruit
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 am

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by confucious » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:24 pm

IMHO the ONLY people that should be posting any kind of news on behalf of any organization, should be those with authority to do so. Even if I was best friends with a director, a staff member, in any organization, and was given information, it is not my place to divulge it on any public forum, as I am not that person in authority.

Again, like Dave says, let's wait for the official announcements being done by all these groups, and even then, it's up to them to make an announcement or not.

We should all take a step back and look how much damage we can cause to the already hurting activity, by bashing groups around.

BDinkel
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:41 pm
Location: Mission Viejo, CA

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by BDinkel » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:59 pm

confucious wrote: We should all take a step back and look how much damage we can cause to the already hurting activity, by bashing groups around.

I guess you have learned your lesson?

User avatar
cymtech
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by cymtech » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:43 am

BDinkel wrote:
confucious wrote: We should all take a step back and look how much damage we can cause to the already hurting activity, by bashing groups around.

I guess you have learned your lesson?

Image

User avatar
Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:13 pm
Location: Kahlifoania

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by Wildabeast » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:49 am

Mmmmk, back on track.

The Crossmen have chosen who will guide their percussion section.
http://www.crossmen.org/beddis-markworth-arrange.html
-Stop global whining.

User avatar
Cadetsnare
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:23 am
Location: Dumas, TX

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by Cadetsnare » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:47 am

They're actually only arranging. I know who the new caption head is. It will be announced in the next couple of days. The person who's running the percussion program is a dear friend and one heck of a teacher and player. They will be much, much better this year!
...proudly quashing bad left hands since 1988....
Pearl, Remo and Vic Firth artist, and I make one heck of an omelette.

User avatar
Cadetsnare
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:23 am
Location: Dumas, TX

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by Cadetsnare » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:29 am

The announcement is up...Rudy Gowern is the new caption head at the Crossmen.
...proudly quashing bad left hands since 1988....
Pearl, Remo and Vic Firth artist, and I make one heck of an omelette.

User avatar
Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:13 pm
Location: Kahlifoania

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by Wildabeast » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:07 pm

The Madison Scouts have picked up some notables the past couple days.

Brass arranger

Percussion staff
-Stop global whining.

User avatar
Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:13 pm
Location: Kahlifoania

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by Wildabeast » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:13 am

-Stop global whining.

Post Reply