Post-season staff changes

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

OrangeCountyIndy
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by OrangeCountyIndy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Ok how about this. Lots of changes coming, some not posted, lets see . . .

wow!
Last edited by OrangeCountyIndy on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
teubner8va
New Recruit
New Recruit
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by teubner8va » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:33 am

OrangeCountyIndy wrote: VK not going to finals and looking for an all new staff
I would like to know where you got this information from? Because I bet they haven't even thought about what their tour scheduale is going to be like for this year since they haven't seen it yet
2003-2007 El Dorado High School-Trumpet
2003-2007 Arcadia Brass and Trumpet Ensembles
2007-2010 VK Lead/Solo Soprano
2008-2010 VK Soprano Section Leader
2010 VK Horn Sergeant
2010 VK Age Out

User avatar
Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1658
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Upland, CA
Contact:

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by Bandmaster » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:14 am

OrangeCountyIndy wrote:There are tons of changes:

Murray Gussik to Academy
Paul Rennick to SCV
New guy at Blue Knights (can't remeber his name)

Lots of change in Open also:

VK not going to finals and looking for an all new staff
Racine Scouts with some strong new people in Percussion
Raiders looking for new Percussion staff
City Sound comming on strong, but looking for new visual staff

DCA Corps making changes too:

Excelsior looking for new staff all around
SoCal Dream looking for mostly new staff
Who knows what will happen to Renegades

Here the winds . . .
How about this concept... PLEASE REPORT ONLY ACTUAL FACTS NOT RUMORS!!!!!!

Words are cheap.... everyone else gave links to the actual press release... you give us only rumor! Stop or go away!
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

confucious
New Recruit
New Recruit
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 am

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by confucious » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:49 am

Very well put Dave.......give at least links to press releases for all this "wealth of information" you claim to have, or go away

User avatar
cymtech
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by cymtech » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:50 pm

sounds like theres a lot of angry VK ppl in here....

User avatar
Brad
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:34 pm
Location: Salinas, CA

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by Brad » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Oh boy, another one... :box:
Be good to your friends
Be good to strangers
be good to yourself

User avatar
Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1658
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Upland, CA
Contact:

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by Bandmaster » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:37 pm

confucious wrote:Very well put Dave.......give at least links to press releases for all this "wealth of information" you claim to have, or go away
The fact that he has only made two postings so far is the dead give away... either he is new and just doesn't know any better, or he made a new account so he could drop bombs and duck!

cymtech wrote:sounds like theres a lot of angry VK ppl in here....
Cymtech, it seems you don't when to keep your fingers shut... don't push your luck or I'll ask you to go away too!
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

confucious
New Recruit
New Recruit
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 am

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by confucious » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:13 pm

cymtech wrote:sounds like theres a lot of angry VK ppl in here....
:roll: :roll: I have to laugh, how did this thread get to be about SUPPOSEDLY "VK angry people", this is hilarious indeed. Again, why don't we wait until actual press releases are made? :roll: :roll:

User avatar
cymtech
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by cymtech » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:09 am

Bandmaster wrote:
cymtech wrote:sounds like theres a lot of angry VK ppl in here....
Cymtech, it seems you don't when to keep your fingers shut... don't push your luck or I'll ask you to go away too!
looks like they got a board. there are still spots open if anyone is interested in being on it. ignore the bad grammar in the press release. also, if you want to be on staff you can email them. good luck!

http://www.vkyao.org/2011bod.pdf

User avatar
Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1658
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Upland, CA
Contact:

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by Bandmaster » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:37 am

cymtech wrote:
Bandmaster wrote:
cymtech wrote:sounds like theres a lot of angry VK ppl in here....
Cymtech, it seems you don't when to keep your fingers shut... don't push your luck or I'll ask you to go away too!
looks like they got a board. there are still spots open if anyone is interested in being on it. ignore the bad grammar in the press release. also, if you want to be on staff you can email them. good luck!

http://www.vkyao.org/2011bod.pdf
Cymtech, apparently you don't understand how 501C3's work. They ALL have a board of directors that must hold elections every year. How many changes to the board of directors of the other corps do you see posted here? None, why? Because the board members usually aren't instructors that teach the kids! The "Staff" is the instructors that work with the members and design and teach the show. It's the STAFF that people want to know about! But no ,you want to stir up trouble for a group for whatever reason. Please grow up or go away!!! You are making yourself look like a jerk... oh wait... maybe you are one!
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

User avatar
cymtech
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by cymtech » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:05 pm

the longevity of a non profit organization has far more to do with the board of directors than it does with the staff. i have seen many groups with great staffs fold because of mismanagement at the board level. im not saying that the VK board is incompetent. im simply pointing out the poorly written press release advertising their search for another board member. honestly, the errors made in the release arent huge... they are more in line with something that was never proofread.

you can call me a jerk, thats fine.

User avatar
Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1658
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Upland, CA
Contact:

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by Bandmaster » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Cymtech, you STILL do not understand... WHAT IS THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD? It is NOT Post-season board of directors changes.

I have had many requests from other people on this forum to block your access to it because you like to rub people the wrong way... but I keep resisting the urge to do that. You never post information meant to HELP an organization... you only post information meant to make it harder for organizations. Why is that? What do you have against VK? I am coming closer to giving into the urge....
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

confucious
New Recruit
New Recruit
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 am

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by confucious » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Dave poses an interesting question to you "cymtech", I would love to read that answer :lol:

User avatar
cymtech
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by cymtech » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:26 pm

dave,

ive posted numerous times in the past in full support of organizations. i refuse to support organizations in which i know people that have participated and had negative experiences. obviously every group out there has at least a couple participants that didnt enjoy the group... thats obvious. unfortunately, i have heard from far too many people that there have been some questionable decisions/teaching practices there in the past.

when a student of mine comes back from a summer season and tells me that they never want to go back, i get concerned. i take it with a grain of salt because i know how kids are. but when adults come back and verify the same instances i realize there is a bigger issue. everything that has been posted as far as staff changes there are true from what i have heard and discussed with people directly involved in the group.

its hard when something you love isnt what it used to be.

User avatar
Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1658
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:41 pm
Location: Upland, CA
Contact:

Re: Post-season staff changes

Post by Bandmaster » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:47 pm

Brandon (Cymtech), I have had friends and students that have had bad experiences with corps that have finished in the top 6 and have been well run for many years. Crap happens sometimes, people are only human, so I tend to look at the oranization over several years of activity. Maybe I should hold it against you that one of the groups you teach just went inactive, since after all, their board must not be doing a good job! Maybe the folks at PC would like to know what you post on public forums, since your actions reflect on them?

Do youself a favor and quit digging a deeper hole. If you give me one more lame excuse for behaving like a jerk I will have no choice except to turn off your account. It's your choice....
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

Post Reply