Kingsmen have spots open....

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie

Kingsmen have spots open....

Post by Fillydog » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:09 pm

Come one come all!! Rehearsals are on Tuesdays from 6-9pm at the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base in the 40th Infantry Division bandroom. We have percussion equipment. Horn players bring your own horns for now. Have ID ready for guard at the gate.

Hope to see you there!! 8-)

Phil

From our main website:

After much deliberation, anticipation, and dozens upon dozens of inquiries, the Kingsmen Starcorps Inc. Board of Directors and the Kingsmen Staff are very proud to announce the activation and return to drum corps competition, the Kingsmen Drum and Bugle Corps of Anaheim, California for the 2011 musical season.

The Kingsmen have a rich history and tradition admired by thousands of fans worldwide and a dedicated crew of Kingsmen Alumni and devotees from across the country have come together to bring back this ardent and fine activity. We are sending out this announcement to all of our fans, alumni, prospective members, and all curious onlookers so that any persons interested in supporting or becoming part of the organization can easily reach us. Pass the word!

The Kingsmen will start musical rehearsals in September and consequent drill and guard rehearsals soon after. We have procured an old and fabled rehearsal site of the corps—the Army Air Force Base at Los Alamitos—(Los Al) currently known as the Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Center. The site includes a modern indoor music practice facility with ancillary practice rooms, a gridiron for field work, indoor gym and pool. As a matter of history, this is the same rehearsal site used by the championship Kingsmen of 1972, the first DCI champion ever. Details of time and location of rehearsals are available at the new Kingsmen web site:

http://kingsmendrumcorps.org/calendar-e ... te/2010-09

We invite and encourage all interested parties to please show your support----

Persons interested in becoming corps members please visit: http://kingsmendrumcorps.org/join

Those interested in becoming staff or volunteers please visit: http://kingsmendrumcorps.org/volunteer

Of course, this is the page to send in the ever valuable donation: http://kingsmendrumcorps.org/donate

Please visit the web site and sign up for the Kingsmen newsletter. http://kingsmendrumcorps.org/ We will be keeping everyone updated with the corps events.

This announcement would not be complete without thanking all of you who helped to turn this into a reality!!!

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Kingsmen have spots open....

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:05 pm

It'll be awesome to have the Kingsmen back!

I can't access the Kingsmen site right now, so maybe you can fill us in on some details. Are the Kingsmen returning to DCA (all-age) or DCI (junior) competition?

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Hostrauser wrote:It'll be awesome to have the Kingsmen back!

I can't access the Kingsmen site right now, so maybe you can fill us in on some details. Are the Kingsmen returning to DCA (all-age) or DCI (junior) competition?
It is my understanding that this will be a DCI member corps. There will also contiue to be a seperate DCA (all-age) corps.
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fillydog » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:57 pm

This is for the kids junior corps. The adult corps is still an additional option but is in limbo at the moment.

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fillydog » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:52 pm

Yeah...the Kingsmen were never IN DCA competition actually. This is for the DCI junior corps and is supported by volunteers from the alumni, myself being one of em,etc. :)

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Fillydog wrote:

Yeah...the Kingsmen were never IN DCA competition actually. This is for the DCI junior corps and is supported by volunteers from the alumni, myself being one of em,etc. :)
Splitting hairs....but they DID compete on DCA sheets in southern California.

Fillydog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fillydog » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Fillydog wrote:Yeah...the Kingsmen were never IN DCA competition actually. This is for the DCI junior corps and is supported by volunteers from the alumni, myself being one of em,etc. :)
Ryan H. Turner wrote:Splitting hairs....but they DID compete on DCA sheets in southern California.

Hah...mokay there ya go!! heh. :yeah: We're still having practices on Tuesdays at Los Al.