Opening for a show designer/choreographer

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

peaches
Rookie
Rookie

Opening for a show designer/choreographer

Post by peaches » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:24 pm

We are forever grateful for all that our current show designer/choreographer has done in the last 2 years for us. Unfortunately for us, he will be leaving to attend school on the East Coast for the next few years. We are very happy for him and wish him all the best. His departure has created an opening for a show designer/choreographer. We are looking for someone:

- who can design/choreograph a marching routine and winterguard show
- who can create a show that fits my guards ability level, yet challenges them
- who wants to be a mentor to the kids
- who wants to see them have fun and succeed

We have a very young guard next year. The kids are hard working and talented, however, guard is not their #1 focus so rehearsal times are limited as academics come first. They currently compete in the Intermediate Class in NCBA. There is currently no feeder program into San Mateo so all incoming students who are interested in joining come with no experience.

The band director and boosters are very supportive of this program and will do what is necessary to ensure this program is successful and fun for the kids.

This position is located at San Mateo HS and rehearsals are generally on Sundays in the afternoon. If you are interested, please email april@bearcatmusic.org your teaching experience and what you expect in compensation. Should you be considered, references will be requested. Should you be selected, clearance through the San Mateo Department of Education will be necessary (i.e. live scan, fingerprinting, etc.) and fees will be covered by the boosters.

Dolores

Re: Opening for a show designer/choreographer

Post by Dolores » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi my name is Bennie Dolores Partida I wanted to reply to this post hopeing I could be in consideration of this position as it would be my first year teaching.I have of course done DCI 1 year with sacramento Mandarins and tend to audition for SCV for the coming years I have previously been in Guard for 4 years attending High School which is Galt High. As you can see I have many years in experience as a performer but few in show designing/choreography but in my High School years my coach helped me make up equipment work for our shows so if you would like references from my instructor or Band Director Please ask me anything like concerns or what would be my approach with the Guard as soon as possible my cell is always live.......(209)263-8515or leave me a post thank you.

peaches
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Opening for a show designer/choreographer

Post by peaches » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Thank you to all who applied for this position. I am happy to announce that this position has been filled. We are very excited and look forward to a fantastic year.

Good luck to everyone on their search!