Any one who has ordered from Algy

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

JenKozy
Section Leader
Section Leader

Any one who has ordered from Algy

Post by JenKozy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:52 pm

I usually order through a different uniform company for our fall uniforms, but this season, Algy has what we need.

I am just wondering how peoples experiences have been with Algy? Are they timely with their shipping dates? Do their uniforms run small? Big? Any other advice or experiences that you may have had?

Thanks for any help!

Happy summer everyone! :lol:
I am NOT too old for this!

I'd rather be Dreaming... in a tree.

misschrism

Re: Any one who has ordered from Algy

Post by misschrism » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi Jen,

We have used Algy a few times at Granite Bay. They usually take 8 weeks to ship for custom designs. The quality is good and we haven't had any problems in the past. They require half of the total order before they start production. The uniforms run pretty true to size. I have found that most companies run a little short in the girth though and add an inch for extra comfort. Hope this helps.

chickenlipz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by chickenlipz » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:32 am

I've ordered from Algy several times. Never had a problem. Uniforms usually come in a bit ahead of scheduled delivery date. At least that's my experience.

Sizing is generally very consistent, just use the measurement chart they provide. I've had to go up a size on some of my girls due to height and girth measurements.

I'm not very impressed with their gentlemen's selections, although they seem to be trying harder as of late.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

agentsquishypenguin
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by agentsquishypenguin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:55 pm

I have used Algy before and I can say that the fit is great, but the shipping is somewhat absurd. Half our season was over before we got them.
Sacramento State Color Guard Co-Captain 2012/2013, 2013/2014, 2014/2015
Oregon Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps 2011, 2014
Sherman E. Burroughs High School Color Guard Captain & Band Council 2009/2010, 2010/2011, 2011/2012