Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

8-ball
Veteran
Veteran

Re: NCBA Judging

Post by 8-ball » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:24 pm

mrbrianplowman wrote:
No problem!

Just stating that our scores will be different (compared to WGI) due to the different weighted captions. That being said, we can always improve our evaluations and scoring of these groups.
I miss seeing you around. Hope Reno is treating you well!
I agree that the scores are different because the sheets and criteria are different on each. That is to be expected. And I also agree that things could be improved!

Reno is great...the community is awesome! There is SO much support for great things to happen here! (and not just drumline)

I hope you are well man!

backtobasics05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by backtobasics05 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:39 am

You can use WGI sheets and not be a WGI affiliate. The san joaquin circuit isn't an affiliate, but they still use the sheets. You can have all the divisions you want just like NCBA already and just use the sheets to give a better criteria for judging, just saying.
Looking forward to seein some lines turn it up this year...

mrbrianplowman
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mrbrianplowman » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:01 am

8-ball wrote:
mrbrianplowman wrote:
No problem!

Just stating that our scores will be different (compared to WGI) due to the different weighted captions. That being said, we can always improve our evaluations and scoring of these groups.
I miss seeing you around. Hope Reno is treating you well!
I agree that the scores are different because the sheets and criteria are different on each. That is to be expected. And I also agree that things could be improved!

Reno is great...the community is awesome! There is SO much support for great things to happen here! (and not just drumline)

I hope you are well man!
Yeah! You guys have a minor league Baseball team now. The stadium looks nice. :D
Inspiring a student to be a great musician requires personal music awareness and the willingness to accept your own strengths and weaknesses.

gcarrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gcarrasco » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:31 pm

Well, it looks to me now everyone is into the let's-fix-it stage and you all have brought up some very provocative thoughts and suggestions! Let me please remind everyone that NCBA was started by high school band directors to standardize score sheets for all high school pageantry events. In no way were Bob ,Russ, Roland, Art or any of the others who were part of the concept: interested in associating ,affilliating or appearing to be like any other cicuit except Skuzboa - sorry I know of them from my San Diego State days. WGI was not considered when the circuit started the winterguard program--again their only interest was to standardize score sheets and set a calendar - I know because I was there and wrote the first sheets, with help of course.