Congrats to the BSA!

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

pittech
Veteran
Veteran

Congrats to the BSA!

Post by pittech » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:11 pm

Just wanted to give congrats the the Bethel Springstowne Alliance for taking the MSS and HSO titles today at NCBA champs! The kids at both schools along with the dual shared staff and parents work so hard to get both organizations to a level that not only they can be proud of but also the city of Vallejo and the entire circuit as well.

This was Springstowne's 7th title and 5th in a row and Bethel's 1st ever NCBA title.

Once again congrats to the BSA!
Calvin D. Carr
Director of Music -Pixley Middle School & Pixley Elementary
http://www.pixley.k12.ca.us

gcarrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Congrats to the BSA!

Post by gcarrasco » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Thank you so much for the congrats. I am only 1/2 the BSA family but believe me when I say Bethal and Springstowne are much more connected than people realize. We do share a staff which includes my son who teaches drumline at Bethal and does everything at Springstowne. And I have a middle son who marches bass at Bethal and teaches at Springstowne. We have several parents who do Booster work for both schools as well as having sons and daughters in both schools. We scheduled this year together to try to avoid staffing issues as well as logistical problems.And of coarse daily rehearsal, equipment and funding situations. I love the fact that work so very well together it would be a shame to end it all because of teacher lay-offs or reassignments, poor test scores, not at BSA but other district sites and funding shortfalls.

backtobasics05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by backtobasics05 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:15 am

Wow congrats kids on a great season. Bethel took PSO championships over Amador Valley at CCGC and Springstowne took 2nd in PSA. Very good season guys. :bow:
Looking forward to seein some lines turn it up this year...

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Psalm 56 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:53 am

Need to add my congratulations, too!! Especially for winning both CCGC (or what ever the initials/acronym is) and NCBA championships. THAT IS A REMARKABLE AND IMPRESSIVE FEAT!! Wow...

gcarrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gcarrasco » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:56 am

Don't forget Springstowne has won NCBA S. Middleschool Perc. Champs...for the fifth consecutive year. Sorry the kids are very proud.

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Psalm 56 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:47 pm

gcarrasco wrote:Don't forget Springstowne has won NCBA S. Middleschool Perc. Champs...for the fifth consecutive year. Sorry the kids are very proud.
I do know that S.TOWNE has been champs for five consecutive years. VERY IMPRESSIVE. When the rumor mill was saying "S.Towne Middle School was going to be one of the Vallejo schools to be closed" I immediately thought about that program and where it was going to go. I am thrilled that that school is staying open.

One more thing...POSITIVE...as far as percussion adjudicating is concerned...BASH NCBA ALL THEY WILL. Yet, Bethel/S.TOWNE were champs in both circuits during the same year. HHHMMM...

Just trying to be POSITIVE and using the "BSA" as an example tha the two circuits are NOT too far apart from one another.

gcarrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gcarrasco » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:59 am

It true that Springstowne will be maintaining it's music program but because of cut backs there have been lay-offs and personal changes. At this piont it is hard to say who will be where. We do know three band programs are being cut and three directors have been lay-off or moved to academics. The parents are ferious and the Board will get an earfull.

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Psalm 56 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:43 pm

gcarrasco wrote:It true that Springstowne will be maintaining it's music program but because of cut backs there have been lay-offs and personal changes. At this piont it is hard to say who will be where. We do know three band programs are being cut and three directors have been lay-off or moved to academics. The parents are ferious and the Board will get an earfull.
This message is extremely sad and disappointing. :td: