NCBA surprises

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

dmdude

NCBA surprises

Post by dmdude » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:33 am

what were some groups this year that surprised you this season?

buzzatapa2314
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: NCBA surprises

Post by buzzatapa2314 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:47 am

Rodriguez: They did really well just forget getting moved up just this season i give them props for that, and i really like there show music. Props to Rod :)

Vallejo: They surprised me a bit .but there show was really cool. They were a very good contender for the open title in my opinion.
Props to Vallejo :)

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Psalm 56 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:48 am

I agree with Vallejo being surprise! I do think their show was very good in a super competitive and "complete" division. BY THE WAY...another nice surprise ... TO SEE NINE ENSEMBLES IN OPEN DIVISION!! :yeah:

Del Oro's look was a surprise and COOL.

GBHS doing standing surprised me. Yet, THEY WERE SMOKING!! I understand the reasons for them 'standing' this year. I hope they will get on the floor next year. NICE JOB GBHS.

And yes...I will be a "homer" ... a nice shout out to my Dublin HS students for their performances this year. To be the only drumline (I write not really knowing) to have only one instructor (their 44 year-old band director amongst all those "cool-young-hip" instructors) and still DO GREAT is a testamony to your talent. 17 lines slated to be in ONE DIVISION (might be a surprise, as well) this year at champs and you still came in SECOND place (NCBA CALLS IT 'FIRST PLACE') in our second year together??? Pretty special...CONGRATULATIONS.

Nice topic!!!!!!

dmdude

Post by dmdude » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:34 pm

How about the top novice groups from last year. Pleasant grove , ponderosa and laguna creek. All three groups were moved up this year and ponderosa was moved all the way to scholastic. Not only were they moved up but they all trophied. It's awesome to see groups moving up the ranks and being successful !

lpo_skadoush

Post by lpo_skadoush » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:39 pm

comment removed by Author
Last edited by lpo_skadoush on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Psalm 56 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:28 pm

hey to break it to you but lp/o has one drumline instructor as well infact it was the instructors first year as well

NCBA Winterpercussion Surprise?? To read this above quote from an "lp/o" student surprises me. Why? Because I am used to LP/O humility.

Anyhow ... Congratulations to you, fellow LP/O members and first year instructor. Look forward to seeing/hearing your ensemble years to come.

lpo_skadoush

Post by lpo_skadoush » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:53 pm

* comment removed by author *
Last edited by lpo_skadoush on Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

typicalkid
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by typicalkid » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:03 pm

To get back to topic, BOBBY, I was very surprised with Armijo this year. They won champs twice in a row, in Scholastic this year and last year in Advanced. I'm sure they will attempt to go into the big Open Division next year and will do just fine, if so, good luck.
Band is not a matter of life and death... it's much more serious than that!
LPO Marching Band
Clarinet Section Leader 2009-2010
Drum Major Instructor
Drum Major 2010-2011
Marches: Muhledorf (2007) Basilisk (2008) Eagle, Globe and Anchor (2009)