ccgc/wgi/scpa finals

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

backtobasics05
New Recruit
New Recruit

ccgc/wgi/scpa finals

Post by backtobasics05 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:31 pm

seeing as how pretty much everyone on this site keeps talking about the broken ncba circuit, how about we spark some discussion about these three WGI affiliates. Who are you thinking is going to take it all in these more established circuits?
Looking forward to seein some lines turn it up this year...

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Re: ccgc/wgi/scpa finals

Post by Psalm 56 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:43 pm

backtobasics05 wrote:seeing as how pretty much everyone on this site keeps talking about the broken ncba circuit, how about we spark some discussion about these three WGI affiliates. Who are you thinking is going to take it all in these more established circuits?
Yea, the "broken NCBA" comment gave me a reason to respond. Wow..when I look at the number of views (world of pageantry website)between the NCBA CHAMPS FOR GUARD AND PERCUSSION there are over 4,000 views!! So... "broken NCBA" sure does still has a lot of interest!!

Wow..."broken NCBA circuit." Nice :shades:
Looking forward to:
1. The quantity of responses of this (How many people are going to or care to give predictions)
2. Who are the percussion ensembles who are competing in these more established circuits.
3. Once the competition over, are there going to be over 4,000 views given to your topic? hmmmm...

Don't want to be too defensive. In NCBA world, there are still quite a few percussion ensembles in comparison to the number in the other "three affiliates." For gosh sakes...FAIRFIELD is still NCBA. So, before we say that NCBA is broken, I would like to use the word, "breaking" or "cracking" and even then those words may be too strong. NCBA will improve. I have faith in NCBA to find solutions. I have faith there is always room for more than one successful circuit. Should be an interesting June 5, 2010 NCBA meeting and I look forward to meeting and seeing backtobasics05 in attendance.

To vote...attend the meeting...say NO TO PROXY VOTING. Just an idea.

Powerhouse08
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Powerhouse08 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:53 pm

i think you look at those comments wrong. Its not the DRUMLINES that are broken. Its the CIRCUIT and the way its ran thats busted. You keep thinking that when people say anything about NCBA, they are automatically saying things about the lines that compete but that isnt the case.
Atwater High School 04-09
music arranger/visual design/snare tech
Merced High School 09-12
music arranger/visual design/Percussion Caption Head
Golden Valley High School 12-?
music arranger/visual design/Percussion Caption Head

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Psalm 56 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:09 pm

Powerhouse08 wrote:i think you look at those comments wrong. Its not the DRUMLINES that are broken. Its the CIRCUIT and the way its ran thats busted. You keep thinking that when people say anything about NCBA, they are automatically saying things about the lines that compete but that isnt the case.
Before my response to powerhouse08 "hijacks" or derails this topic "ccgc/wgi/scpa finals" predictions... PM me or set-up your own "...broken NCBA" topic and allow yourself and others offer solutions to fixing a ...broken NCBA (NOT MY WORDS) and allow backtobasics05 topic flourish. See ya at the June 5, 2010 NCBA meeting at Foothill High School. Thanks...

Make your predictions...

pittech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pittech » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Well I will be at the NCBA meeting and I will say that I actually have written 2 proposals to fix NCBA but I already know they will be shot down so we'll be right back to this discussion next year (and yes I have paid my dues and have 2 votes)

As for CCGC

I think it'll be a dogfight between Leigh HS and Springstowne for A

Bethel and Amador Valley and 1-1 between each other and both did REALLY well last week. AV may have a slight advantage as they have done CCGC all season and Bethel was at a few NCBA shows (but it paid off for them last week)

Logan has world locked (sorry Homestead)

Hogan wins PIA

SCV takes PIO

*moment of silence for the Lancers and all of PIW*
Calvin D. Carr
Director of Music -Pixley Middle School & Pixley Elementary
http://www.pixley.k12.ca.us

vinnieangelo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vinnieangelo » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:03 pm

I will give my opinion on Saturday, at the show.

The Banished

Post by The Banished » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:22 pm

for scpa

pso
I think South Hills will probably win it this year but it will be vary close between them and Pacifica

psw
It's really to close to call for me to call between Ayala and Chino Hills but I'll give Ayala the edge if they clean up their visual

piw
Pulse will take it hands down there show is just way to good.

I really don't pay that much attention to the other classes to give a good commentary on so I'll leave it to some one else

backtobasics05
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by backtobasics05 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:44 am

Powerhouse08 wrote:i think you look at those comments wrong. Its not the DRUMLINES that are broken. Its the CIRCUIT and the way its ran thats busted. You keep thinking that when people say anything about NCBA, they are automatically saying things about the lines that compete but that isnt the case.
thanks powerhouse08 for understanding what I meant. I agree with pulse having piw. That show is amazing. And bethel is actually 2-1 over amador if anyones counting.

can south hills really take down pacifica and if so will we see a new pio champion in ohio this year? Also wassup with the psw lines out there? The division been pretty quiet at least in my neck of the woods.
Looking forward to seein some lines turn it up this year...

pitpercussion19
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by pitpercussion19 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:42 pm

backtobasics05 wrote:seeing as how pretty much everyone on this site keeps talking about the broken ncba circuit, how about we spark some discussion about these three WGI affiliates. Who are you thinking is going to take it all in these more established circuits?
I went to SCPA finals last night and there were some great lines out there. It showed how much indoor percussion has and is evolving in such a short time.

WGI finals will be very interesting. Pulse and RCC are both doing great with very interesting shows. I can't wait to see how they will be judged in Dayton.

:)

Chinoperc13
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Chinoperc13 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:01 am

The SCPA Finals were off the hook. The greatest part of the night for me was when Chino Valley Unified School District Swept the PSW class. Chino Hills with Gold, Ayala with Silver and Chino High School with the Bronze. Now granted its Chino's first year in World Class it was very nice to see all 3 schools which are 10 min. driving distance apart win. Dayton will be fun to watch with these 3 groups. 8-)

bandfan88
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bandfan88 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:16 pm

SCPA Finals was my first winter drumline show in years and I was completely blown away by everything, from the running of the show to the epic performances! Ayala's show left me speechless (did they sample Hitler?!) and I was somewhat surprised when they didn't win, but it's to be expected with such an intense field of competitors! RCC's show concept was very interesting but Pulse was just ridiculous! I really wish I could make it out to Dayton to see all these groups at their peaks, but I guess I'll have to settle for fannetwork's webcast.