who has the best parade band?

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

xn_nEoz

who has the best parade band?

Post by xn_nEoz » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:31 am

hey guys....who do you think has the best parade band in socal?

Lt. Politone

no clue

Post by Lt. Politone » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:53 pm

i know Riverside King has won two sweepstakes with scores of 90.6 at Silverado and 91.7 at Lester oaks

Baritones for Section of the Year!!!!

Lt. Politone

oh yeah

Post by Lt. Politone » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:56 pm

Thanks Mr. Gray for the help and sweepstakes!!

eternalbando
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eternalbando » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:53 pm

Personally, I'd love it if our band was the best on the street(EL Dorado), but unfortunately, that's not the case...I know the top few are most likely Rancho Bernardo, Mt. Carmel, and Arcadia....although, there's a bunch of others who are somewhere near there....if only El dorado could get their act together(me included), maybe we;d get up there....somehow...haha.

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:12 am

edbandchick wrote:Personally, I'd love it if our band was the best on the street(EL Dorado), but unfortunately, that's not the case...I know the top few are most likely Rancho Bernardo, Mt. Carmel, and Arcadia....although, there's a bunch of others who are somewhere near there....if only El dorado could get their act together(me included), maybe we;d get up there....somehow...haha.
I am gonna have to say that the five best, that I know of, are Arcadia, Mt. Carmel, El Dorado, Rancho Bernardo, and Chino. However, out of all of them, Arcadia has a VERY long history of being Number 1. And for thast, I am gonna have to say that Arcadia is by far, the best Parade band around.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

Lothar

Post by Lothar » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:00 am

Although King has a long way to go to come close to those top 5, they have had a very good start and a great season so far! Good job King! :D
It's all about the Low Brass.

Alan Smart

Post by Alan Smart » Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:24 pm

Right now I'd have to say Rancho Bernado Mt. Carmel also but think their Color Guard will hurt them.

shagadalex
Rookie
Rookie

Post by shagadalex » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:48 pm

While the "big 5" may be the 'best bands' all around, there are no two schools I enjoy watching more than Garey HS from Pomona and El Rancho HS from Pico Rivera. Their bands produce beautiful music and their colorguards leave the crowd in awe. To me, a good parade band must obviously score high but the amount of entertainment they produce also must be taken into consideration. Has anyone seen Garey's colorguard perform? Awesome!!
Alex
Santiago High School Marching Cavaliers C/O 2004

Ryan
New Recruit
New Recruit

some others?

Post by Ryan » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:57 pm

yah i know i'm a biased on my opinion but i think that my band (mayfair) had a pretty good parade band last season...we took quite a few sweepstakes trophies including the lower division sweeps at maytime 2003 and placed 2nd overall at the loara BR 2002 under el dorado and above chino, rubidoux, el rancho, whitney and other "big time" bands..i just put the loara results in this post just in case someone tries to patronize me by saying that it's not true...this year they've been kind of struggling, but i believe that they'll rise up out of the dirt eventually and continue the legacy that we started.

Loara BR 2002

CLASS 4A
92.05 Mayfair (Lakewood)
90.05 Kennedy (La Palma) (1.0 pen)
89.45 Whitney (Cerritos)
87.70 Savanna (Anaheim)
86.75 Diamond Ranch (Pomona)

CLASS 5A
93.70 El Dorado (Placentia)
91.15 Rubidoux (Riverside)
91.00 El Rancho (Pico Rivera)
90.65 Chino

of course most of this has to be attributed to our faithful band director, tom philips, who is still producing miracles out of mayfair...i can't wait to see them become one of those "big 5" bands in that list in both parade AND field!

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:42 pm

As far as NorCal goes, I'd have to rank the Top 5 Parade Bands like this:

1. Benicia HS, Benicia
2. Golden Valley HS, Merced
3. Las Plumas/Oroville HS, Oroville
4. Foothill HS, Pleasanton
5. Fairfield HS, Fairfield

dr
Drum Major
Drum Major

Re: who has the best parade band?

Post by dr » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:25 pm

xn_nEoz wrote:hey guys....who do you think has the best parade band in socal?
I hope I don't regret this....

IMO, it's a little early to rate the bands for this year, but the top 10 ranking I have for SoCal bands in 2002-2003. based on awarded scores, is as follows:

1 Arcadia
2 Rancho Bernardo, San Diego
3 Mt. Carmel, San Diego
4 El Dorado, Placentia
5 Poway
6 Montebello
7 Vista
8 Rubidoux, Riverside
9 Diamond Bar
10 Glendora

There will probably be some movement this year in and out of the top 10 for a variety of reasons, but you can bet the top three (and maybe four - don't sell El Dorado short!) will solidly remain in this illustrious group. Valencia (Placentia), Martin Luther King (Riverside), Chino, Loara (Anaheim), Mira Mesa (San Diego), Bonita Vista (Chula Vista), Etiwanda, or Kennedy (La Palma) could all potentially move into a top ten position. Yes, maybe even Mayfair (Lakewood). That is, providing these fires are extinguished soon and the air clears enough for anyone to rehearse.

dudewheresmycar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dudewheresmycar » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:27 pm

Here's my top ten:

1. Rancho Bernardo
2. Arcadia
3. Mount Carmel
4. Montebello
5. Schurr
6. Chino
7. Diamond Bar
8. El Dorado
9. Vista
10.Rubidoux

ILL~BE~BACH
New Recruit
New Recruit

You're right!

Post by ILL~BE~BACH » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:29 pm

Phantom Phan wrote:As far as NorCal goes, I'd have to rank the Top 5 Parade Bands like this:

1. Benicia HS, Benicia
2. Golden Valley HS, Merced
3. Las Plumas/Oroville HS, Oroville
4. Foothill HS, Pleasanton
5. Fairfield HS, Fairfield
This line-up is exact! Finally someone who knows their bands. I hope GV beats Benicia some day and I know that Fairfield can beat Foothill. Let the ranking stand clear that LPO is above Foothill because LPO IS BETTER!!!!
LP/O Rocks!!!!!! Oh yes, we are, superior by far!!!!!

Q: How can you tell which kid on the playground is the child of a trombonist?

A: They don't know how to use the slide and can't swing.

http://lpoalliance.tripod.com

BabySloth
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by BabySloth » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:36 pm

Us.

No, seriously, I'd have to jump on the bandwagon and go with Rancho Bernardo for best parade band.

[note-"bandwagon"=not meant to be a pun. I'm not that bad.]
"I'm not really the famous one. I just sit in the back and hit things." - Will Champion on being a drummer