NCBA CHAMPS! Its time to predict!

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

GuardBoy09
New Recruit
New Recruit

NCBA CHAMPS! Its time to predict!

Post by GuardBoy09 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Anyone want to predict who will take what in each division??? This is just a friendly post instructors and members =)

In my opinion having seen several shows, reviewed score sheets and seen videos this winterguard season is very competitive!

pREDICTIONS FOR CHAMPS (Guard Only)

NOVICE A & B (Hummmm)

Intermediate (It is too difficult to decide on who; but its between Galt, Tokay, San Mateo and Buhach Colony)

Advanced
Champs: Reed
1. MIT Academy
2. Rodriguez B
3. Johansen or Del Oro

SCHOLASTIC
Champs: Fremont A
1. Rodriguez A
2 & 3. Vanden or Laguna Creek, McClatchy

OPEN
Champs: Jesse Bethel
1 or 2. Benicia or Amijo
3. Foothill
4. Vallejo

Remember this are just prediction I don't mean to insult anybody or get someone angry =). Any favorite shows anyone?????

Post your opinion!

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Re: NCBA CHAMPS! Its time to predict!

Post by Psalm 56 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:57 pm

Well, I will be daring and be a band director who cares about guard :yeah: AND LOYALTY (predictions will be from the heart).

Champs will be DUBLIN, LAGUNA CREEK, GALT, VALLEJO.

I am taken back that someone would see VALLEJO being fourth place in OPEN. Wow...

Guard Boy - I am voting with my heart. My head does have some agreement with your selections.

shaynoodle

Post by shaynoodle » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Awww Does anyone even watch Novice groups?
I'd like to see what people other than judges think about our show. If anyone has seen it, Rancho Cotate High School (Novice A) "The Poet and the Pendulum", pm me and let me know what you thought! I love to hear compliments as well as criticism.

I really do hope to see Laguna Creek win Scholastic. Beautiful show! I also really like Fremont's show so i'm hoping they place.
I too am voting for Galt for Intermediate, but that may just be bias since I have a friend on it.
And I just love Jesse Bethel so much. They are just too amazing and I've fallen in love with their shows the last two years.

But I wish all groups the best of luck!
Shayna Conant
Colorguard instructor- Rancho Cotate High School 2009-2010
Member of Sacramento State Marching Band 2008-2009
Rancho Cotate High School c/o 2008

Born2Dance

Post by Born2Dance » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:41 pm

Hello everyone! It's my first time writing on this forum but i've been reading these post for a while. This year, NCBA has became really competitive and it's great just watching these talented kids preform their hearts out. I've been to most of the shows but not all so i'll refer to some score sheets for my predictions. I have also not seen much of the novice and intermediate guards. I will be giving my predictions along with the point difference and why i chose whom i chose. You can't really give a score since no really knows how the judges score unlike ccgc and wgi.

Advanced
Champs: MIT Academy (by .2)
1. Rodriguez B (by 1)
2. Franklin
MIT has been going head to head with Rod. B all season long and i must say i like them both. MIT with 3x less members than Rod. shows that less can be better, this guard has great training and is spotless. Rodriguez show is very entertaining but can be a little cleaner. Franklin has always been a favorite of mines, Its great seeing how much they've grown. These underdogs will go far in the future.

SCHOLASTIC
Champs: Vanden (by .2)
1. Rodriguez A (by 3.)
2. Laguna Creek
Vanden should of took it last year but this year it's their chance. I must say that their weapon work is flawless i personally would like to see a little more dance but overall this is an amazing small guard with each individual being so well trained. Rodriguez shows that they can preform, makes me want to cry a little while watching them. I believe they can possibly take champs if they have a clean show. Woah, where did this guard come from? Laguna Creek, i've not heard much about them in the past but from what i saw this year this guard is outstanding. It's great seeing guys in guard and this guard has talented guys written all over them.

OPEN
Champs: Jesse Bethel (by 4.)
1. Benicia (by 2.)
2.Vallejo (by .2)
3. Armijo (by .5)
4. Foothill
I am confident Bethel will take it by a huge margin with their difficult work and outstanding execution. This group truely puts their hearts on the floor. Its amazing to see how much they've grown in the past 4 years. Although Benicia only has 7 members they've been doing wonderful. This small group produces an amazing show with great execution and difficult work. For Vallejo I must say it can go either way for them. Yes their show is entertaining and for sure its a crowd pleaser but is their execution and technique their? Not fully, but i'm pretty sure they've been working hard to clean it up. Another amazing guard, Armijo, has a great show at hand with a wonderful set design. I am putting them behind Vallejo because i believe Vallejo vocab is a little more difficult. Foothill show this year can be a little more difficult. I personally feel that the swing flags are a little amature. Don't get me wrong i do like their show but i believe they need more difficult work from what i've seen in the past.

Overall, NCBA Championships 2010 will be a very close call for each divisions. People may have said this every year, but i really think this is going to be the best champs of NCBA history.

JenKozy
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by JenKozy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am

I predict no predictions. All comes down to that day, and that show.
I am NOT too old for this!

I'd rather be Dreaming... in a tree.

danceswithwood
Rookie
Rookie

Post by danceswithwood » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:40 am

Sorry I'll miss it this year but I hope everybody knocks one out of the ballpark!

gcarrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gcarrasco » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 pm

This is a very sad moment for NCBA. All those who understand...

Psalm 56
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Psalm 56 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:02 pm

gcarrasco wrote:This is a very sad moment for NCBA. All those who understand...
After 21 years of teaching and serving on the NCBA board, I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

crickett
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crickett » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:10 pm

What am I missing...what is sad?

MasterT
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MasterT » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Certainly get people's curiosity going and obviously to inquire about what this "sadness" is all about.

I (like others, I'm sure) have been viewing the threads on NCBA winter judging as well as champs predictions...and am too wondering what this gcarrasco is really talking about/referring to...
Once a drum major, always a drum major.

gcarrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gcarrasco » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:59 am

Sorry to confuse everyone, simply this: a very good judge will not be present to judge a very competetive open class. I Believe Bethal will prevail.

Alexxxxxxrawrrr

Post by Alexxxxxxrawrrr » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:47 pm

I personally think that the intermediate guards are going to be between all of the guards you said, but i think either San Mateo or Buhach Colony is going to take champs.
:yeah:
Every other champs and placement in the higher divisions i think you're straight on though. (:

GuardBoy09
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by GuardBoy09 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:56 pm

For Intermediate
Champs: San Mateo
1 & 2. Tokay or Buhach Colony
3. Galt
Alexxxxxxrawrrr wrote:I personally think that the intermediate guards are going to be between all of the guards you said, but i think either San Mateo or Buhach Colony is going to take champs.
:yeah:
Every other champs and placement in the higher divisions i think you're straight on though. (:
Have No fear or perfection, U'll Never reach it..

Tokay HS c/o 09

ncbaSPECTATOR

Post by ncbaSPECTATOR » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:44 pm

here it goes...
ADVANCED:
im gonna have to pull for MIT. amazing show with such few girls!
SCHOLASTIC:
this class can go many ways, but it needs to go to VANDEN. many scholastic guards are talented, but when you look at such few girls doing such hard things, its hard to disagree with the fact that they should take champs. yes, rodriguez and laguna are talented, but as a whole, vanden dominates.
OPEN:
BETHEL is amazing and in your face talent, but dont count benicia out, those girls work and give it their all, and have super hard work and foot-work for the win. i personally love armijos show too, but it is either going to go to bethel or benicia.

teaching an intermidiate line, i only see these guards afterwords, i hope my predictions go to plan.

Guard4ever

Post by Guard4ever » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:31 pm

In scholastic, All teams have yet to meet eachother at the same competition. Looking at the higest score for each team, the top 3 are:
1.Fremont A 89.1
2.Wilcox 88.8
3.Rodriguez 88.6

I know you can't just look at the scores but its fun to compare. Its going to be a close very champs this year.