Favorites for the season?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

^graff

Favorites for the season?

Post by ^graff » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:57 am

Yo! I know it's extremely early to start making favorite calls, but I think many of us have been around the block enough times to pick:

Open: Faifield/Bethel. I'm torn. However, I was a little surprised that Bethel would do something so similar to FF's show from last year. The clapping section looked almost verbatim of FF's opener last year. At least it did from a bystander viewpoint.

Scholastic: Rodriguez. They're entertainers, and it shows. I think that's what's up. I'm really excited for them this year. We'll see if they can tackle the open circuit. It's smart of them to keep to Scholastic for their first competitive review, though. See how they fair in Scholastic. If they smash there, then my bets are they'll move up. They have to be up by a few points though. I'd be careful to watch at LEAST the lowest Open group for them. If they score above them, then by all means, move up. Either way, it looks like the kids are having fun, and it makes us as veiwers have fun watching their show. Kudos, kids.

Advanced: Armijo. If anyone caught them at Rod., they were pretty impressive. Especially since they smashed the sheets in musical effect over EVERYONE at the review. That's ridiculous! They even overtook Fairfield! WTF?! That's unheard of. Hopefully they have a more complete show this weekend. I'm thirsty for more! BWAHAHA. Good job, kids. You all have worked hard for the past few years. It shows. Either that, or you have some mad prodigies at your school, hahahaha.

Looking forward to the season!

pghs_instructor
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Favorites for the season?

Post by pghs_instructor » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:51 pm

According to the most recent Armijo schedule, looks like Rodriguez is now moving up to open and it seems likely Armijo will move to scholastic from the beats they were playing. Should be a really competitive season this year!
JT
Pleasant Grove H.S. 2007-2012 - Percussion Caption Head
Elk Grove High School 2004-2007 - Bass/Percussion Tech

^graff

Post by ^graff » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:05 pm

Interesting. Haha. Recall last year how FSUSD swept NCBA? Jeez. Haha. SHARE, YOU GUYS!!! lol. Well at least with Rod and FF in the same division, it'll leave at least ONE division open to a different district. Hehehehe. I still have high hopes for those kids. They better not disappoint!!

SupaflyKid707

Post by SupaflyKid707 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:50 pm

I have to say from what I've seen Fairfield has the more complete package in open! but bethel sure does have some freakin hands!! but my money is on fhs for open.

Scholastic I think elk groove if armijo doesn't get bumped i saw them at antioch very nice job boys and girl's!

Advance ARMIJO!!!!!! keep on rollin guys.

gcarrasco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gcarrasco » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:13 pm

^graff wrote: ...I was a little surprised that Bethel would do something so similar to FF's show from last year. The clapping section looked almost verbatim of FF's opener last year. At least it did from a bystander viewpoint.
Actually, I've had a chance to see Bethel at the other circuit (CCGC) and they are playing hand drums now, not clapping.

^graff

Post by ^graff » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Oh? Well, go bethel! That's probably the only gripe I had with their show. Other than that, Oasis is pretty entertaining. Bravo, kids.