Madera's show

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

PricklyPearPeople4meandU
New Recruit
New Recruit

Madera's show

Post by PricklyPearPeople4meandU » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:05 pm

this year i havent gotten a chance to see Madera's show...what is it? what's their music? just wondering... :D
Thanx!
go, pineapple, go!
-=PeAcH=-
-@ and *# forever!!! Pineapple knows what i mean.
What are Prickly Pear People? Who knows, theyre a fruit of my imagination.
~So follow, the leader down, and swallow ur pride and drown.~
~This is a forgery, this is a forgery...~

Bones
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Bones » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:28 am

Madera's show is an original composition by Key Poulan. The music is based on a story the band wrote being used as a synopsis for the music. It is called
"Lords of the Sea" and is a Viking theme.

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clusknay » Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:02 am

Is Phantom Phan going to be with your guys' staff at the show? I'd imagine he's dying to have his face ripped off by FSU at 2pm. Someone told me that FSU is doing a pirates' show...man, I hope it's the loudest thing i've ever heard before....hee hee. Loud is good (when played with proper technique, and using proper air flow...not to mension PLAYED IN TUNE...blah blah blah).

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:29 pm

Clusknay wrote:Is Phantom Phan going to be with your guys' staff at the show? I'd imagine he's dying to have his face ripped off by FSU at 2pm. Someone told me that FSU is doing a pirates' show...man, I hope it's the loudest thing i've ever heard before....hee hee. Loud is good (when played with proper technique, and using proper air flow...not to mension PLAYED IN TUNE...blah blah blah).
I saw Fresno State at the Foothill Band Review a few years ago. Yep, they're loud. :)

I will not be at Pacific Grove. I don't go to it because it's too far (normally), but this week it coincides with my annual "band trip." I'll be at the Chino Band Review on 11/1.

PricklyPearPeople4meandU
New Recruit
New Recruit

Pirate Shows

Post by PricklyPearPeople4meandU » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:28 pm

Leigh High is doing a Pirates of the Caribbean show :lol:
and will you go to the Napa show, Phantom?
-=PeAcH=-
-@ and *# forever!!! Pineapple knows what i mean.
What are Prickly Pear People? Who knows, theyre a fruit of my imagination.
~So follow, the leader down, and swallow ur pride and drown.~
~This is a forgery, this is a forgery...~

Raiden
New Recruit
New Recruit

Go madera

Post by Raiden » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:24 pm

We got Grand Sweepstakes at Pacific Grove and madera got it because they worked hard and earned it. The show was great with the minor mistakes nothing really huge. clarinet dude cool move. yeah we got grand sweepstakes lets keep the winning streak coming. We got Merced sat and title to defend we have taken grand sweepstakes on field and most caption for 3 year lets make it four and have a blast guys. oh and to sorry for the bragging its that its the first year madera won it under the direction of Mr. Dan talbert(who we all love go talbert) so i was just a little hyper so i wrote yeah liegh took every caption and i wrote about it. i saw the show and no offense leigh your music was good but your drill seemed so easy. oh and your colorguard was awsome it blew me away especially when they planted that flag that was so cool. to leigh if we do not see u till next year good luck in the rest of your competitions.
Last edited by Raiden on Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

drum4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Our show got us G.Sweepstakes

Post by drum4life » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:34 pm

Raiden wrote:We got Grand Sweepstakes at Pacific Grove and the trophy is like 7 ft tall(its true) and madera got it because they worked hard and earned it. The show was Lords Of The Sea for people who do not know 8-)
Who cares about how big the grand sweepstakes trophy is? You don't see other people talking about such things do you? If they wanted to I'm sure the Leigh people could talk up a storm about the fact that they won every caption they competed in (except drum major) but you don't see that do you?

drum4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Go madera

Post by drum4life » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:09 pm

Raiden wrote:We got Grand Sweepstakes at Pacific Grove and madera got it because they worked hard and earned it. The show was great with the minor mistakes nothing really huge. clarinet dude cool move. yeah we got grand sweepstakes lets keep the winning streak coming. We got Merced sat and title to defend we have taken grand sweepstakes on field and most caption for 3 year lets make it four and have a blast guys. oh and to sorry for the bragging its that its the first year madera won it under the direction of Mr. Dan talbert(who we all love go talbert) so i was just a little hyper so i wrote yeah liegh took every caption and i wrote about it. i saw the show and no offense leigh your music was good but your drill seemed so easy. oh and your colorguard was awsome it blew me away especially when they planted that flag that was so cool. to leigh if we do not see u till next year good luck in the rest of your competitions.
Yeah, and Leigh marched their drill a whole lot cleaner too :wink:

L M N O P

Re: Go madera

Post by L M N O P » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:21 pm

Raiden wrote:We got Grand Sweepstakes at Pacific Grove and madera got it because they worked hard and earned it.
You also got it because your biggest competition at PG had no chance of winning grand, because they didnt march parade.

Khan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Khan » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:21 am

These cheap shots are pretty pathetic and are making both bands look bad. I suggest you stop before you embarrass yourselves (and your bands) any further.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:33 am

A'right folks.
Lets get back on topic, or if there is nothing more to say, then don't say anything.
If we keep getting back at each other, we are going to have some serious problems here. So lets not pick a fight or contribute to one, ok?
Thanks guys!
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

lhsalum
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by lhsalum » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:28 am

friendly competition... that's all ;)

but I agree, save the low blows for the field...

drum4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Just to clear it up

Post by drum4life » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:47 am

I just wanted to clear up any confusion I'm just a Leigh fan and I'm not from their school. I just didn't like how Raiden posted a couple weeks back that he would beat Leigh. It just really bothered me. Sorry :D

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

uh huh...

Post by clusknay » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:56 am

Lame. I don't think they were low blows...just facts.

Raiden is posting on behalf of his school ( Like it or not dude)...and making a fool out of himself...See there's a difference with regards to reigning on one's parade, which I think LHS alum is thinking... and pointing out the obvious facts. And the difference is crystal clear IF you saw the shows on Saturday night.

buks...

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:15 am

Point of the matter is, this board is not for things like this, regardless if it is out of joke or not.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007