Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

lilazngrl36
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re:

Post by lilazngrl36 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:29 pm

lilazngrl36 wrote:
3/7 of the bones at my school have girlfriends, but one of the 4 who don't is gay. so would the fraction be 3/6? if so then half the bones at my school have girlfriends...and yes they are real girls. :]

our bone section has changed from about half of them dating from last year to 1/11 dating this year. haha wow.
Last edited by lilazngrl36 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riverside Poly Proud Heritage Band and Color Guard
04' - Last Days of Pompeii
05' - Cityscapes
06' - Concerto in F
07' - Tell-Tale Heart
08' - Serengeti!
09' - Bermuda Triangle

WildCats1993
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Trombone players CAN get girls.

Post by WildCats1993 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:58 pm

wow...thats kinda sad
GO WILDCATS!!!!!

mfisk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mfisk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:36 pm

Hey I am a male trombone player, and I married a female trombone player. Think about that. So we can at least get our own kind.

ChamberKid209
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ChamberKid209 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:59 pm

lowbrass89 wrote:Well the sax is a good instrument but where they shine is jazz and jazz only. No offence to any sax players but it is extremely rare that the sax would be used in the orchestra. The Trombone section is the umph and power of the orchestra along with the Tuba. Tell me what would the storm section from William Tell be without the godly trombones? What about Schumann's 3rd Symphony mvt 4, Pines of the Appian way, or any excerpts were the trombone delivers the power?

Anyways I digress, point is there is a lot more about the trombone then just dating girls, and all the other references you guys made.
I wonder what the guy who wrote the guide would have to say about us Bass Trombone players haha.
Everyone has there own opinion on the saxphone. It's annoying, loud and out of tune and saxophone is a jazz instrument. Saxophone was made around the mid 19th century. Therefore sax is a classical instrument. Adolf Sax ment for saxphones to play in orchestras. The biggest jazz instrument at the time when the sax was first created was the clarinet. Also, saxophone is the newest instrument, excluding the electric guitar.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:01 pm

ChamberKid209 wrote:Saxophone was made around the mid 19th century. Therefore sax is a classical instrument.
:nuts:
ChamberKid209 wrote:Also, saxophone is the newest instrument, excluding the electric guitar.
Nah. At the very least the sousaphone is newer.

Brad
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Brad » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:00 am

:hijack: And this has to do what with trombones? Reed suckers need to get a life!!
Be good to your friends
Be good to strangers
be good to yourself

ChamberKid209
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ChamberKid209 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:00 pm

Hostrauser wrote:
ChamberKid209 wrote:Saxophone was made around the mid 19th century. Therefore sax is a classical instrument.
:nuts:
ChamberKid209 wrote:Also, saxophone is the newest instrument, excluding the electric guitar.
Nah. At the very least the sousaphone is newer.
I myself am a classical saxophone player. I could write a paper on how much I hate jazz, but I play it because you need to go outside your box