Mystikal 2010 Season Auditions

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

MYAO

Mystikal 2010 Season Auditions

Post by MYAO » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Mystikal is please to announce 2010 auditions will be held January 10 & 17, 2010. Please visit our website www.mystikalyoutharts.org next week for details.

confucious
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Mystikal 2010 Season Auditions

Post by confucious » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:54 pm

ok going out on limb sort of here, but why not post when YOU DO have some solid information to post? did you fix all those problems you had with your previous staff? like paying them back for the money they spent making sure the members from out of state got home ok? good luck, but sure hope you have your $#(! together this time. We wasted a lot of time and money paying for my nephew there

Mystikal

Post by Mystikal » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:54 am

<deleted by Hostrauser>

Drum Corps is about education and the welfare of children and it would be a considerable risk for ANYONE to send their children to your organization. I can no longer sit back and allow this to happen without being heard. You are not only hurting yourself but you are doing serious damage to the reputation of Drum Corps in Southern California.

My apologies to anyone this may offend other than the poster as it is directed to the poster and nobody else. You are doing all of DCI and Open Class a serious injustice by continuing this program without correcting the problems first. There are great organizations out there struggling to the do the right thing and going inactive before they cross the line of poor ethics and you sir are not one of them.

You can ask for this to be deleted all you wish but I will continue to do everything in my power to make sure you do not harm the lives of anymore music students and educators.

Chris Magonigal

MaestroOfBandX
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MaestroOfBandX » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Just playing Devil's advocate,

If all of this has happened and is still an issue, wouldn't DCI step in and take appropriate action? Or does DCI just approve the organization once and never check up on how they are being run and let them go however they go?

Also, if you have first-hand knowledge of these issues are they still need to be addressed, and your concern is truely for the good of the kids and the activity(DCI), rather than just posting it up here, wouldn't a more professional or appropriate approach be to write a formal letter to Dan Acheson and the DCI board. Then you could express these issues in detail. I would think if someone with first-hand knowledge of the severly improper things you described contacted DCI, they would be compelled to investigate it and take appropriate action.

Not meant to be a negative towards anyone, and I do not have any knowledge of these events or the corps, so please do not think I am defending them, but when it is posted like this in response to a recruiting attempt, it does tend to come across as someone that simply has a vendetta against the O.P. Just letting you know how it comes across to an outsider.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:10 pm

Mystikal wrote:My apologies to anyone this may offend other than the poster as it is directed to the poster and nobody else.
Indeed, the first part of your post probably should have been in PMs, and I removed it due to some complaints. I won't obstruct your opposition campaign, but some of your accusations (even if they are true) were borderline slanderous because of the way they were presented and the lack of supporting information. The mods do have to be careful with information like that on these forums.

Thanks.