When the seniors have to leave...

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

DIrishBAND Baritone

When the seniors have to leave...

Post by DIrishBAND Baritone » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:27 pm

It saddens me beyond belief, to sometimes be forced to see a good friend finally have to move on... Does anybody not agree? The high school year hasn't ended yet, but our last marching band rehearsal has...

twinmomma
Rookie
Rookie

Re: When the seniors have to leave...

Post by twinmomma » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:18 pm

The hardest for me is the last winterguard performance of the spring, lots of crying seniors... :(
~twinmomma

dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by dmcoach » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:48 pm

It's pretty hard for me when my middle school DM's finish the L season in the second semester. Most of them move on to field bands, and stop spinning :(

SavvyLee
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SavvyLee » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:20 pm

I'm definately sad to be graduating this year. The year's only half over, but after championships, I doubt I'll march on the field again. We had senior toasts and I cried :(
THIS is why we do what we do.

baritoneplayer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by baritoneplayer » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:22 pm

SavvyLee wrote:I'm definately sad to be graduating this year. The year's only half over, but after championships, I doubt I'll march on the field again. We had senior toasts and I cried :(
Find a quality college marching band program and participate for as long as you can. My son, who had never performed in a field show as he came from Golden Valley which is a parade band only attends CSU Fresno and participated in the Bulldog Marching band his Freshman and Sophomore years before band started to interfere with his core classes and he had to give up band! So if he could do it, you should be able to do it for at least the first two years of college anyway! :)

agua
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by agua » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:45 pm

twinmomma wrote:The hardest for me is the last winterguard performance of the spring, lots of crying seniors... :(
same goes for winter percussion :[ I'm a senior this year...i can't imagine what thats going to be like. I'm used to seeing everyone leave, but im not used to being the one to leave.
Elk Grove Drumline(Bass)-2007-2010[captain 09-10]
Elk Grove Winter Percussion-2006-2010
Clarinet-2006-2010

-Fierce

SavvyLee
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SavvyLee » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:32 pm

baritoneplayer wrote:
SavvyLee wrote:I'm definately sad to be graduating this year. The year's only half over, but after championships, I doubt I'll march on the field again. We had senior toasts and I cried :(
My son... participated in the Bulldog Marching band his Freshman and Sophomore years before band started to interfere with his core classes and he had to give up band! So if he could do it, you should be able to do it for at least the first two years of college anyway! :)
Haha thanks:) I hope to keep marching, but even if I can't, I've racked up some great memories, so it's all good.
THIS is why we do what we do.