Introducing SoCal Dream's New Program Coordinator

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

MaestroOfBandX
Rookie
Rookie

Introducing SoCal Dream's New Program Coordinator

Post by MaestroOfBandX » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:21 pm

SoCal Dream Drum & Bugle Corps is excited to have one of Southern California’s finest show designers, Ryan H. Turner, returning as their visual designer and taking on the new role of program coordinator.

Ryan brings to us a rich history in the Southern California marching and pageantry arts activity that covers over 25 years of experience as a performer, designer, instructor, administrator, and adjudicator.

Ryan graduated from Pasadena High School in 1984, he moved on to Pasadena City College, where he served two years as the drum major for the PCC Lancer Marching Band as well as the world-renowned Official Tournament of Roses Honor Band. During those same years, Ryan began his three-year stint with the Velvet Knights Drum and Bugle Corps serving one year as a lead baritone in 1985, and then the next two years as drum major. He was also a member of the highly regarded California State University at Long Beach “Big Brown Music Machine” Marching Band for two years.

When asked about his return to SoCal Dream, Ryan said, "It's great to be back with SoCal Dream helping out. My last venture with the corps, putting together the awesome Star Trek show, was just a taste of the potential this group has. Can't wait to get started!” He continued, "So Cal Dream has a unique position in the southern California pageantry arts community, offering performance opportunities for young and old alike, using our beloved drum corps activity as the vehicle. With a great push in recruiting, the sky is the limit for our organization."

Ryan’s love of drill design is evidenced in the over 200 shows he’s designed since 1985 for high school and collegiate marching bands, winter guards, and indoor drumlines in California, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Missouri and Florida, with many of his groups receiving top awards in multiple judging circuits. He has instructed and designed for both DCI and DCA corps, including the Velvet Knights, Anaheim Kingsmen, Pacific Crest, Impulse, Capital Sound and SoCal Dream Drum and Bugle Corps. "I love writing drill, and I love putting shows together. Been doing it long enough where I think I know what I'm doing, but not doing it so long that I'm sick and tired of it. Glad to join with the efforts of some talented to folks to keep the great tradition of SoCal Dream going."

Welcome back, Ryan. We look forward to performing the great visual package you will put together for us.

For information about joining contact us at membership@socaldream.org or visit our website at http://www.socaldream.org.

SoCal Dream will be returning to the Drum Corps Association (DCA) Championships in Rochester, NY in 2010, marking our 6th trip to the east coast.

About Dream
Dream is a non-profit 501c3 organization dedicated to bringing together individual with diverse backgrounds and interest with a desire to developing and education the community on the art of Field Theater through discipline, teamwork, and the pursuit of competitive performance excellence. Founded in the fall of 2001 our organization provides a structured for those who want perform in a Drum Corps environment while giving back to their community. The Dream Association of California believes that as an organization we can contributions on group effort, and with dedication and hard work will relates to success.