What's up with your screen name?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

User avatar
dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:51 am
Location: Tustin
Contact:

What's up with your screen name?

Post by dmcoach » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:17 pm

I'll start...

dmcoach = Drum Major Coach

I have another one that I use online, but I don't expect everyone to share all of theirs.

estooie = If the name "stuie" was said in a hispanic accent (my first name is Bryan Stewart)

User avatar
Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 7951
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by Hostrauser » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:53 am

hostrauser = after W. Paris Chambers' Hostrauser's March

prior screen names included:
petrouchka = after the main character in Igor Stravinsky's ballet of the same name
Phantom Phan = because Phantom Regiment pwns and always has.

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader
Posts: 920
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:41 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by ZJH » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:22 am

Haha, I remember when you were Phantom Phan. I thought you were Vietnamese until I saw pictures of your wedding that you posted, haha.

ZJH - The initials of my Chinese name, Zhang Jiahao 張家豪.
t3h Andxr00 - My name in leetspeak, haha. That, and me and a few friends in high school thought it would be hilarious to have silent letters in our names.
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

baritoneplayer
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:22 pm
Location: Merced CA.

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by baritoneplayer » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:34 pm

dmcoach wrote:I'll start...

dmcoach = Drum Major Coach

I have another one that I use online, but I don't expect everyone to share all of theirs.

estooie = If the name "stuie" was said in a hispanic accent (my first name is Bryan Stewart)
"baritoneplayer" = pretty obvious but probably should change it to "euphoniumplayer" as I switched approximately two years ago :)

User avatar
guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:59 pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Contact:

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by guardthepiccolo » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:03 pm

guardthepiccolo- Well, I do/teach colorguard and play flute/piccolo, so I combined them into one. :nenr:
Benicia High School C/O '05
Colorguard Instructor

User avatar
fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major
Posts: 2490
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:24 am
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Contact:

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by fieldshowqueen » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:20 pm

fieldshowqueen = because it was my "job" for the band boosters to coordinate field show competitions (which eventually ended up being eventandcompqueen) for 6 years including WBA, SCSBOA, WGASC, SCPA and ADLA adjudicated events, plus 4 awards and EOY banquets, plus 10 separate fundraisers. I'm the "Queen" because I have also mentored 5 other school's boosters on how to run a successful event. MY mentor's email address was fieldshowwizard (and yes, she was a wizard at what she did. Hugs Brigitte!)

My Yahoo! ID is and always has been:
buzyw2 = Means "busy with 2 kids". All other variations of this were taken. This is also my license plate. :)

For those who play games:
Mob Wars (in either Facebook or MySpace): didadame (or Di da Dame) = Diane, the Dame ... a combination of my first name and an old 1940's mobster flick where all of the women were referred to as "dames."
City of Ash: Older than Dirt = because I am over 50 and "Diapered Moses" was taken and it went well with the game title.
Mafia Wars: Golden Gun Gal = Because I was born, raised and live in California, the Golden State.
Viking Wars: Valkyrie Vixen = Because I went to Loara and the mascot was the Saxons.
Image

User avatar
Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 7951
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by Hostrauser » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:55 pm

fieldshowqueen wrote: Mob Wars (in either Facebook or MySpace): didadame (or Di da Dame) = Diane, the Dame ... a combination of my first name and an old 1940's mobster flick where all of the women were referred to as "dames."
City of Ash: Older than Dirt = because I am over 50 and "Diapered Moses" was taken and it went well with the game title.
Mafia Wars: Golden Gun Gal = Because I was born, raised and live in California, the Golden State.
Viking Wars: Valkyrie Vixen = Because I went to Loara and the mascot was the Saxons.
LOL.

Mafia Wars: Enrico Pallazzo = from "The Naked Gun"
Hero Wars: Rain = Long story. Never you mind.
Vampire Wars: Morgenstern = from the Rammstein song of the same name.

User avatar
dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:51 am
Location: Tustin
Contact:

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by dmcoach » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:27 pm

fieldshowqueen wrote:
buzyw2 = Means "busy with 2 kids". This is also my license plate. :)
I definitely share your enthusiasm! :yeah:


Image

User avatar
Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 7951
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by Hostrauser » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:09 pm

There's a person who works for Qualcomm down the street from me who has the license plate "EL OH EL"

That's probably the best personalized plate I've seen.

User avatar
dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:51 am
Location: Tustin
Contact:

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by dmcoach » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:53 am

Hostrauser wrote:There's a person who works for Qualcomm down the street from me who has the license plate "EL OH EL"

That's probably the best personalized plate I've seen.
I counter your argument with this sir...

Image

User avatar
Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 7951
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:28 am

That's definitely quality. :tup:

User avatar
senza cervello
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:21 pm
Location: Rowland, CA

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by senza cervello » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:43 am

For all my music: senza cervello: Without Brain in Italian. A name I thought looked enough like a music term without actually being one.

past: retard_in_facility: Obvious idea.
Everything: SurHorse. Never mind the long music related story that ended with me being called "Horse" but adding Sur was a triple pun for Sir, SurName (GEDDIT?), and Sur (French=On).
Last edited by senza cervello on Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The o_O emoticon gives me the heebee jeebees.

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
Posts: 3159
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:24 pm
Location: Brea, California
Contact:

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:33 pm

Ryan H. Turner =

Ryan = Ryan

H. = THE H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turner = Turner.

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader
Posts: 920
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:41 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by ZJH » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:35 pm

I think Ryan should announce his next gig in the style of a professional wrestler named "The H".
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

User avatar
dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:51 am
Location: Tustin
Contact:

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by dmcoach » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:58 pm

Ryan H. Turner wrote:Ryan H. Turner =

Ryan = Ryan

H. = THE H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turner = Turner.

Ohhhh, that's what the "Ryan" meant. I thought it was a "Bryan" that happened to lose it's B.

:rotf:

Post Reply