This forum is in need of new and active moderators

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

tSz42

This forum is in need of new and active moderators

Post by tSz42 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:48 pm

The percussion forum is seriously lacking moderators. Multiple threads and unnecessary bumps are clogging these forums.

3 out of the 5 "moderators" are MIA. One of those doesn't even have a last seen date as it has been so long since they have last visited the site. The other two are well over a year in absence.

Who can I contact to put my name forth to help moderator and unclog this forum?

I'm a computer technician and webmaster of many years. I also have experience installing, maintaining, and moderator phpBB forums.

BttrDrummerThanU
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: This forum is in need of new and active moderators

Post by BttrDrummerThanU » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:05 pm

[quote="tSz42"]The percussion forum is seriously lacking moderators. Multiple threads and unnecessary bumps are clogging these forums.

3 out of the 5 "moderators" are MIA. One of those doesn't even have a last seen date as it has been so long since they have last visited the site. The other two are well over a year in absence.

Who can I contact to put my name forth to help moderator and unclog this forum?

I'm a computer technician and webmaster of many years. I also have experience installing, maintaining, and moderator phpBB forums.[/quote

There's not much to monitor/moderate, besides the drill team forum, this is probably the most dormant forum on this site. Most percussionists/teachers/kids use the SCPA forum or drumhard forum. I check this thing almost every day, but there is rarely anything worth taking action on.

geefunk1026
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by geefunk1026 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:56 am

Like Justin, I take a look occasionally, but there hasn't been a need for action in a while. I can't immagine what another mod would do other than look at the 1 new post each week and leave it alone.
G

supermutant
Veteran
Veteran

Post by supermutant » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:12 am

SCSBOA not judging percussion on the field says a lot about attitudes towards percussion and by extension, rhythm. SCSBOA music judges rarely deal with rhythm, just blend and balance, hence not much interest in this forum. Sad.

geefunk1026
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by geefunk1026 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:54 am

This looks like a direct challenge for moderators and an inflammatory statement; however I don't mind discussing it.
I am displeased that SCSBOA is no longer offering percussion adjudication, but the SCSBOA field adjudication committee is also displeased. There just aren't enough qualified judges available to judge every show. I'm trying to do my part by going through the process of becoming an SCSBOA judge, but it takes time. Look for the possibility of percussion returning next year.
As far as rhythm from SCSBOA adjudicators, it's clearly one of the elements on the sheet so they obviously care about it.

tSz42

Post by tSz42 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:52 pm

hijacking threads is one

Steven
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Steven » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:55 am

I opened this thread thinking I could sign up to mod lol
Fairfield High 2007-2009
Instructor/Arranger/Visual