L-Pattern Season / So-Cal

A place for student leaders, drum majors, section leaders, student council members, etc.

Moderators: dmcoach, nopsbs

DMPwer
New Recruit
New Recruit

L-Pattern Season / So-Cal

Post by DMPwer » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi, I'm Umayr Sufi, Asst. Dm from Granada High School in Livermore, Ca (NOR-CAL)

I've competed in NCBA L-Patters before and I was wondering if anyone has information regarding So-Cal L-Pattern competitions (Where to sign up/when they star/website/etc.)

I wanted to also try and compete in State. Does anyone know how one does that?

Input would be appreciated.

Umayr Sufi
Granada H.S Asst. Drum Major 2008-2010
Drum Major Instructor
http://www.umayrsufi.com

bigcity
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: L-Pattern Season / So-Cal

Post by bigcity » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:01 pm

The second semester season, preparing drum majors for the fall competition season, usually begins in late February/early March and runs through the first week of June down here is So Cal.

Down here, we have two organizations running competitions:

Peacock's American Competitions
www.drummajorcomps.com
and

WDMA
www.wdma.com

I know that Mr. England frequents this site and would be more than happy to get you info about the American Competitions. May I suggest that you try to compete in both, this way you can have even more helpful criticism as you develop your skill with either a military/mace.

Competing in the State Championships has certain requirements. Mr. England could shed more light on this subject than I.

I hope this helps, and best of skill to you this season.

BigCity

DMJUDGE
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DMJUDGE » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:51 pm

Ask away and I will give you any information you seek. our website will be back up in running in a hour or so. The server space needed to be renewed as well as the domain name.

Brennan
Brennan England
Warner Middle School, Director

dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by dmcoach » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:41 pm

You definitely have two choices, and can actually participate in both circuits, as encouraged by BIGCITY. 8-)

As a minor correction, the website for WDMA is http://www.WDMAonline.org

World Drum Major Association, Inc. have actually hosted competitions in SoCal, with participants from NorCal, and even Arizona. The season schedule for next semester will be out on our website soon, so please check back for updates.

Our season will begin again in February of 2010, and the WDMA Championships will be held in April. We're looking forward to a higher turn-out this season, and all the information you'll need regarding sign-ups, schedules, scholarships, and even scores will be posted on our site.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to message or email us. :yeah:

Here's some videos from one of our competitions, held at Glendora HS earlier this year.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 0488EFB0A3

World Drum Major Association (WDMA) exists to educate, promote, and preserve the history of flourishing Drum Majors. WDMA aims to accomplish this by providing resources through publications, clinics, seminars, and competitive venues to help advance the sport and art.

World Drum Major Association, Inc. is a registered non-profit organization.
Bryan Ray
Drum Major Instructor, Parade Advisor
Too many to list