Talkbox= Pure Awesomeness!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

horns2thebachs
Veteran
Veteran

Talkbox= Pure Awesomeness!

Post by horns2thebachs » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:56 pm

Wanted to put this in the MB forums to get some more publicity, but feel free to move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkjWgFsR ... annel_page

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Talkbox= Pure Awesomeness!

Post by Chapagne » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:10 am

"The conductor of an orchestra doesn't make a sound. He depends for his power on his ability to make other people powerful." - Benjamin Zander

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:23 am

horns2thebachs wrote:Wanted to put this in the MB forums to get some more publicity
:roll:

Come on now, it's got nothing to do with marching bands, and off-topic is the most active forum on the site anyway.

horns2thebachs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by horns2thebachs » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:21 am

Hostrauser wrote:
horns2thebachs wrote:Wanted to put this in the MB forums to get some more publicity

Come on now, it's got nothing to do with marching bands, and off-topic is the most active forum on the site anyway.
Believe it or not, I actually have seen a few bands use talkboxes in their pit. Besides, you can't tell me that wasn't cool 8-)

JazzGeek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JazzGeek » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:09 am

horns2thebachs wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:

Believe it or not, I actually have seen a few bands use talkboxes in their pit. Besides, you can't tell me that wasn't cool 8-)
It was cool in the 70's. Then Roger Troutman used it in Zapp and every kid had to have one (I have a Heil Talkbox that I bought in '78). So I've seen better; between this and autotune, it's a tie to which is more annoying now in music. 8-)