NCBA judging?

A place for student leaders, drum majors, section leaders, student council members, etc.

Moderators: dmcoach, nopsbs

EGHS_DM

NCBA judging?

Post by EGHS_DM » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:43 am

any thoughts on the matter?
Last edited by EGHS_DM on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: NCBA judging?

Post by ZJH » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:10 pm

If you'd like to express your grievances about the judging at a particular event, there should have been a complaint sheet in your score packet from the event. I'd suggest you take advantage of that instead of airing your dirty laundry in public.
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

crickett
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crickett » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:01 pm

I agree. However, if you would like to start a constructive conversation similar to the one currently being held in the color guard forum that could take place here.

Such as: "I am feeling frustrated trying to understand the different styles desired from various judges. Has any one else been confronted with that? And if so how do you balance that in competitions and with creating your routine and style?"

EGHS_DM

Post by EGHS_DM » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:59 pm

Sorry if I offended you or anybody else, I guess I come off a little too strong when I speak my mind. That post really wasn't meant to be aggressive or really whiny, but it was simply me making a statement and asking an opinion on the matter. I probably could have stated it better, but that topic is very frustrating and I guess it was all the feelings I had locked up inside that was just let out at once, so sorry if I offend anyone.

crickett
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crickett » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:57 pm

I understand more than you know about letting your emotions get tied up in you words. Happens to me ALL the time.