World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:17 am 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:58 pm
Posts: 3598
Location: Escondido, Ca
What, there's a new president in office and life goes on exactly as it always has? Say it aint so? People are always expecting some amazing change everytime a new president comes into office and then for some reason are *Shocked* when it doesn't come. Don't you people realize that the Democratic and Republican parties are SOOOOO similar that no real change that matters will ever happen, unless the masses make it happen? Until people wake up and stop waiting for our government to do something, things will stay the same as always, if not get worse. Having said all that I still think the inauguration amount spent is an invalid argument, and no matter which way you slice it, Obama will be an improvement from Bush. And it's not like we didn't see this complaint coming from a mile away....nothing new, same ol' same ol'

_________________
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:22 am 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:32 pm
Posts: 220
I am hopeing that mere change will help stimulate a depressing economy. If not that, then the billions the feds are printing! God bless america and the invention of the printing press.
:flag:

_________________
Rhythm is my business, rhythm is what I sell


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:37 am 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:34 am
Posts: 747
Location: Chino Hills
The Aceman wrote:
What, there's a new president in office and life goes on exactly as it always has? Say it aint so? People are always expecting some amazing change everytime a new president comes into office and then for some reason are *Shocked* when it doesn't come. Don't you people realize that the Democratic and Republican parties are SOOOOO similar that no real change that matters will ever happen, unless the masses make it happen? Until people wake up and stop waiting for our government to do something, things will stay the same as always, if not get worse. Having said all that I still think the inauguration amount spent is an invalid argument, and no matter which way you slice it, Obama will be an improvement from Bush. And it's not like we didn't see this complaint coming from a mile away....nothing new, same ol' same ol'


To take your point a bit further...

I am amazed, like you, with the fact that people think that the minute a new President gets into office that the US is going to all of a sudden change. I think that Obama will help turn the US around, but what I think a lot of people may have overlooked is that it's not going to happen over night. It took us some time to get into the mess we are in and it is going to take some time to get out of it. I just hope people are patient and realize this and don't assume that Obama was a bad choice because the US and world isn't better a couple days after he has been installed as the President.

_________________
You just can't encourage stupidity


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:05 pm 
Offline
Section Leader
Section Leader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:50 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Covina, CA
So like I said, without even hinting at my political views (yes people can ask questions even if they vote one way or another)...that's a lot of money! Too bad it wasn't used for something more important. Security or not. Bush or not. Clinton, Reagan, Carter, whomever...lot of money at a tough time in our country.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:12 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:32 pm
Posts: 220
BD94Euph wrote:
Too bad it wasn't used for something more important. Security or not. Bush or not. Clinton, Reagan, Carter, whomever...lot of money at a tough time in our country.


Well, the security and sanitation issues presented were absolutely necessary. The alternative was to not have inaguration as a public gathering. I don't see how anyone can be talking about this as an issue considering how many people were actually there.

_________________
Rhythm is my business, rhythm is what I sell


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:29 pm 
Offline
Section Leader
Section Leader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:50 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Covina, CA
yeah, it was pretty inspiring...nevermind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:55 pm 
I'll give him 4 years to change something, then I wont vote for him again.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:38 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:25 pm
Posts: 361
Location: corona
well thank you for your inspiring, uplifting opinions. History was made today. And, in my opinion, things got better just by having George W close the door to the oval office for the last time... someone change the locks please!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:48 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:13 pm
Posts: 311
agreed laura!

and its going to take longer then 4 years to clean up the mess that took 8 years to be made...just saying. i wouldnt not vote for him again just because of that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:19 am 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:34 am
Posts: 747
Location: Chino Hills
laurab wrote:
well thank you for your inspiring, uplifting opinions. History was made today. And, in my opinion, things got better just by having George W close the door to the oval office for the last time... someone change the locks please!


Seriously! When I saw him take off in the helicopter this sense of relief just came over me and I felt like America was coming out of the shadows of a very dark time. I know, it sounds so cliche, but I totally felt like that. It was kind of weird, haha!

_________________
You just can't encourage stupidity


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:47 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:25 pm
Posts: 361
Location: corona
Pulled this off an article on yahoo today-


WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's first public act in office Wednesday was to institute new limits on lobbyists in his White House and to freeze the salaries of high-paid aides, in a nod to the country's economic turmoil.


Oh and another little interesting tidbit. Usually when a new president moves into the White House. The relocation costs are covered by government funds. Barack Obama paid all his expenses himself.


Hope W is having fun fishing today. I am certainly glad to have a new tenant in the White House!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:11 pm 
Offline
Section Leader
Section Leader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:50 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Covina, CA
...gratuitous hatred...

i wish President Obama all the luck in the world. I hope he doesn't have the same tragedies occur under his watch. I'm really ready for the people so filled with hate towards our last President to finally take a deep breath and shut the hell up. What ever happened to civility and respecting our leaders? And don't bring up the past again. let's just be freaking civil this time around for all of our sake. No shoes thrown, no eggs at the inaugural was a good first step. no spitting on him. No banners and signs calling him a liar. Let's be civil in our disagreement like President Obama asked. A clear reference to the vitriol that has become so commonplace. There IS real evil in the world and we should all hate that, but President Bush is not evil. Step back haters, breathe...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:39 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:25 pm
Posts: 361
Location: corona
BD94Euph wrote:
...gratuitous hatred...

i wish President Obama all the luck in the world. I hope he doesn't have the same tragedies occur under his watch. I'm really ready for the people so filled with hate towards our last President to finally take a deep breath and shut the hell up. What ever happened to civility and respecting our leaders? And don't bring up the past again. let's just be freaking civil this time around for all of our sake. No shoes thrown, no eggs at the inaugural was a good first step. no spitting on him. No banners and signs calling him a liar. Let's be civil in our disagreement like President Obama asked. A clear reference to the vitriol that has become so commonplace. There IS real evil in the world and we should all hate that, but President Bush is not evil. Step back haters, breathe...


gratuitous hatred... huh... kind of like your original post where you are already bashing Obama because of how much the inauguration celebration costs?

and i too hope he does not have the same tragedies occur under his watch. Like Katrina... which was handle with such swiftness and efficiency.

I will give respect to leaders when respect is due. I did not vote for him in either election. And, if you recall in the first election I was in the majority as Al Gore actually won the popular vote. And with a 22% approval rating upon his departure, I find myself in the majority again.

And if you want to start this thread with a pretty harsh posting about our current commander in chief, you better recognize that your latest post finds you in a glass house holding a rock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:15 pm 
Yes, keep going! Keep pointing those fingers and calling people names. That's exactly what we need to change this country!


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: NObama, Keep the change!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:23 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:25 pm
Posts: 361
Location: corona
dear Americans,

Please feel free to criticize Barack Obama before he even takes office. But please disregard and refrain from commenting on the dismal performance of outgoing President. Also, do not refer to any of the following.

weapons of mass destruction
the pronunciation of nuclear
Hurricane Katrina
the housing market
the stock market
oh screw it nothing about the economy
you can probably skip Iraq too
Oh and that whole "mission accomplished" thing....ya that too.


And it's STATING FACTS not calling names.

Change does not come from turning a blind eye to the failures of the past, it will only assure we will repeat them.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
  http://www.worldofpageantry.com Copyright © 1996 - 2006 Email:  admin@worldofpageantry.com  

Site design and maintenance by Dave Schaafsma at Dave's Web Dynamics