2008 Santa Cruz Band Review DVD

Buy, sell or swap pageantry paraphernalia, videos, CDs, DVDs, musical instruments, tickets and more...

Moderator: Bandmaster

Gonzofoto
Rookie
Rookie

2008 Santa Cruz Band Review DVD

Post by Gonzofoto » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:37 pm

crickett wrote:This morning I finalized things with the local cable station to record the band review. They will be bringing four camera's, will record with microphones from the judges stand, and may have a bucket truck for a view from above. They will be offering DVD's for anyone to purchase. As soon as I have order information I will post it here. I am pretty excited about this. The guy in charge is pretty good and we have talked a lot about what to look for and what a band director would want to see in addition to parents and kids who may buy them. He is hoping to be able to do this every year.

I'll keep you posted! :yeah:
At the risk of resuscitating an old thread, I just wanted to indicate how happy I am with the DVD that was prepared by Comcast Cablevision of the 38th Annual Santa Cruz Band Review. I received it this afternoon, and the production values are outstanding! They have a host who includes interviews with head judge Roland Nielsen and with Santa Cruz Band Director Christy Latham in the beginning. The DVD then proceeds to the event, and the host introduces each unit and identifies the march, the composer, and the band personnel. They did indeed have a videographer filming from a bucket truck, and also cameras along the sidelines, and the editing of the footage is very pleasing and seamless.

I am in no way affiliated with nor do I benefit from any association with Comcast, but I wanted to say that this was $25 well spent. Lastly, the DVD indicates this program is still available! I sincerely hope they will continue to film during upcoming years.

baritoneplayer
Veteran
Veteran

Re: 2008 Santa Cruz Band Review DVD

Post by baritoneplayer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:19 pm

Great job to Comcast Santa Cruz. They really covered the event from all angles. I saw at least three Comcast cameras filming the event from my vantage point. Definitely reminded me of the fine professional videos taken of the Arcadia Tournament of Bands I have seen posted to youtube!