So I went and saw "The Changeling" yesterday....

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

So I went and saw "The Changeling" yesterday....

Post by The Aceman » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:40 am

The movie was a trip, based on a true story I knew nothing about. I'm sure the city of Mira Loma (aka Wineville) appreciated the exposure. It was a really good movie though, of course if you're the type of person who likes to shut their brain off during a movie, then this probably isn't for you. It's a good mystery and exposes to modern day audiences the corruption of LAPD and the political corruption in Los Angeles County during the 20's and 30's. Hopefully people will remember that things like this can and do still happen today.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Re: So I went and saw "The Changeling" yesterday....

Post by Chapagne » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:01 pm

One of my all-time favorite films is "L.A. Confidential", another crime drama based in Los Angeles. It takes place in the 50's and is fictional, but the era is depicted quite accurately. It's a marvelous film that is worth well more than just a few watchings. Perfectly cast, well-written but had the misfortune of screening the same year as "Titanic", or it would have been a shoo-in for best picture. It did win for best adapted screenplay.
"The conductor of an orchestra doesn't make a sound. He depends for his power on his ability to make other people powerful." - Benjamin Zander

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Re: So I went and saw "The Changeling" yesterday....

Post by fieldshowqueen » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:48 pm

The Aceman wrote:The movie was a trip, based on a true story I knew nothing about. I'm sure the city of Mira Loma (aka Wineville) appreciated the exposure. It was a really good movie though, of course if you're the type of person who likes to shut their brain off during a movie, then this probably isn't for you. It's a good mystery and exposes to modern day audiences the corruption of LAPD and the political corruption in Los Angeles County during the 20's and 30's. Hopefully people will remember that things like this can and do still happen today.
... and the house the perv lived in is still standing btw.