If you don't like Italian food . . .

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Chaporch
Veteran
Veteran

Re: If you don't like Italian food . . .

Post by Chaporch » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:01 pm

Ryan H. Turner wrote:Right...there's a season for EVERYTHING...Italian, Mexican, Chinese...hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

DAMN!!! DIET!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!! :crazy:

You can eat anything as long as you wash it down with a diet coke! That kind of balances it out, right? :D :D

dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by dmcoach » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:02 pm

I like my Italian just fine. So much so that I went ahead and took the time to learn how to cook it.

:eatt:

Mmmm... Taco Tuesday on the other hand... :rotf:
Bryan Ray
Drum Major Instructor, Parade Advisor
Too many to list

vore
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by vore » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:25 pm

The wonderful thing about restaurants is they have the "right to refuse service" to anyone they choose! It keeps the trouble makers out of the restaurant so the rest of us can enjoy our meal in peace.

And... I don't see the most popular restaurant closing down any time soon. It's been around for almost 60 years with a huge following.

vore 8-)
Last edited by vore on Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Educators are teachers who have taken an easy subject and made it difficult."

BDinkel
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BDinkel » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Chaporch wrote:. . . don't keep going to the Italian restaurant and complaining that you don't like the food. Find a place that serves food you like and go there.

Considering the amount of new restaurants opening up all over the neighborhood, I'd say that is the case. Especially since the Italian food restaurant eliminated part of it's menu this year.

The Italian restaurant shouldn't be surprised that people who are happy with their new choice are all still talking about the service at the other place...

BttrDrummerThanU
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by BttrDrummerThanU » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:47 pm

BDinkel wrote:
Chaporch wrote:. . . don't keep going to the Italian restaurant and complaining that you don't like the food. Find a place that serves food you like and go there.

Considering the amount of new restaurants opening up all over the neighborhood, I'd say that is the case. Especially since the Italian food restaurant eliminated part of it's menu this year.

The Italian restaurant shouldn't be surprised that people who are happy with their new choice are all still talking about the service at the other place...
It's probably best that they took that item off. It was a specialty dish and there really wasn't a chef qualified enough to cook it. It's kind of like FUGU.

laurab
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by laurab » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:49 pm

the great thing about restaurants is that when the people running them start feeling like they are more important than the people they serve. The people leave and the restaurant closes down.

Left my Bucs in Madison
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Left my Bucs in Madison » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:55 pm

Careful...those Italians are sneaky. You might end up with a horse head in your bed...

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:00 pm

Left my Bucs in Madison wrote:Careful...those Italians are sneaky. You might end up with a horse head in your bed...
Now I am eskerrrrrrred.

laurab
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by laurab » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:02 pm

I like the place that serves mexican myself. So good you'd go twice on the same day!

Left my Bucs in Madison
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Left my Bucs in Madison » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Don't be eskerrrrrd...Come hang out with the cool people at the Mexican place down the street.
I hear they serve Breakfast Burritos too...with time for a siesta before dinner...

Chaporch
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chaporch » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:05 pm

again . . . I am NOT referring to ANY specific "restaurant."

Please do not put food, I mean words, in my mouth.

I will gladly accept food!

laurab
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by laurab » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:36 pm

you know what the shame of italian places is? they can be for the most part good, but a few bad tomatoes ruin the sauce.

hearme
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by hearme » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:18 pm

From a Bus boy point of view...working in Mexican Restaurant is a beast...they expect you to work all day, while the Italian I work less hours...either way I have to work for free...we have to get more bus boys.

BD94Euph
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by BD94Euph » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:38 pm

I always wanted to try the mexican place down the street, I'm just afraid once you get there, all the cooks are italian anyways...what's the point? I know one thing, the mexican chefs are not in the italian place. why is that?

i was brought up on italian, i thought it was he only place in town. But then i got my license and began to travel a bit. You know there's a few other places as well. Interesting!! A nice little "mom n pop", a spicy thai food place, the mexican joint, and the italian, and an international buffet. Quite an array of choices.

But the italian place is close to my house, and has great prices. It gives you heartburn sometimes, but it's pretty good most of the time. 8-)

thunderdrmz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thunderdrmz » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:05 am

BttrDrummerThanU wrote: It's probably best that they took that item off. It was a specialty dish and there really wasn't a chef qualified enough to cook it. It's kind of like FUGU.
One of the better explanations as to why the item was taken off the menu. Unfortunately, the Italian place could have paid for a qualified chef like other restaurants do but didn't feel it important enough to provide that item for those patron who think it is a very valuable dish.
Rhythm is my business, rhythm is what I sell