Hawaiian Invitational

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

ThePenguin
New Recruit
New Recruit

Hawaiian Invitational

Post by ThePenguin » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Is there anyone going to the Hawaiian Invitational? Im Drum Major for Orange Lutheran and the marching band/concert band and color guard will be going to the Hawaiian Invitational for spring break. We are super excited! And I was wondering if there is anyone on here going as well? And will you be competing in the field show tournament? OLHS will! :tup:
So wheather you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

bassoonuba
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: Hawaiian Invitational

Post by bassoonuba » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:01 pm

Never been there but would love to go. Have fun and post lots of pictures when you get back so that we can all live vicariously through you. :lol:

ThePenguin
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ThePenguin » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:09 pm

i went there when i was 13! :shock:
yeah i was in a tiny lutheran youth band the O.C.L.Y.B.
and we went in 03' it was a lot of fun.
so i cant wait to go back with my high school band!
ahh! so exciting!
So wheather you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

tooweird
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tooweird » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:05 am

i went in Spring of 2005. with my band, Riordan HS. it was truly one of the most memorable events of my life! the most fun every. i went the year Fairfield and Montebello went...o man was that competition haha.

best experience ever! :bow:
Mark L.
Archbishop Riordan Crusader Marching Band (04-07)
Colorguard Instructor

baritoneplayer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by baritoneplayer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:33 am

:D It would be wonderful if someone would take some video of the event and post it. I have not viewed any video of the Hawaiian Invitational on youtube!

ThePenguin
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ThePenguin » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:07 pm

baritoneplayer wrote::D It would be wonderful if someone would take some video of the event and post it. I have not viewed any video of the Hawaiian Invitational on youtube!
well im sure that my band will video. we have a dad in the band that LOVES to take pictures and videos of EVERYTHING we do. Im absolutely positive he will bring his 10,000 cameras that he has Hawaii haha. But seriously, he will bring every camera he has and will document everything haha. and then he will post it online and ill be sure to give you a link and you can check it out.

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:15 pm

I feel a need to email a certain Mr. Hannibal to see if he needs...uhhh...a CHAPERONE. Yeeeeeeeeeeeah...that's the ticket.

(Since I've NEVER been to Hawaii and the way MY life is going, probably never WILL!)

ThePenguin
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ThePenguin » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:35 pm

Ryan H. Turner wrote:I feel a need to email a certain Mr. Hannibal to see if he needs...uhhh...a CHAPERONE. Yeeeeeeeeeeeah...that's the ticket.

(Since I've NEVER been to Hawaii and the way MY life is going, probably never WILL!)
Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Well if you really do call him, tell him The Penguin approves and that I recommend you! hahaha he'll get a really good laugh!

oreocookis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by oreocookis » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:07 pm

How do you get into the event? We are going to Hawaii in the spring and we asked our travel agent if there were parades because in 05 we did see Fairfield there doing a parade during our dinner break... so we asked and the travel agents never got back to us, so we are only doing the performance at Pearl Harbor.
Jennie M
American Eagles Marching Band Woodwind, Colorguard and Winter Guard Instructor
Fremont Unified After- school Elementary Band Teacher

PGOK
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by PGOK » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:20 pm

oreocookis wrote:How do you get into the event? We are going to Hawaii in the spring and we asked our travel agent if there were parades because in 05 we did see Fairfield there doing a parade during our dinner break... so we asked and the travel agents never got back to us, so we are only doing the performance at Pearl Harbor.
You can find info here:

http://www.hawaiiinvitational.com/

:sail:
“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”

— Groucho Marx

crickett
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crickett » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuV0PkR_Me0

We went last year. It was a fantastic week. This is a video one of the parents took.