Pet peeves

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

mkosbie
Drum Major
Drum Major

Re: Pet peeves

Post by mkosbie » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:30 am

Flying bird wrote:Pregnant teenagers.
Quoted for emphasis
It's 5:00... do you know where your ancestors came from?

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:42 pm

That page break happened at a really unfortunate spot. For a brief moment I thought Flying Bird's "pregnant teenagers" comment was in response to the previous post...
LoyalTubist wrote:What do you want on your pizza?
:lol: I'll take ham and black olives (just ham if the wife is around; she can't stand olives). Don't know when I'll be in Manila, though. :cool:

JazzGeek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JazzGeek » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:47 pm

The Aceman wrote:I actually have several years of call center experience, I now hate call centers and have vowed never to get into that line of work again. You want to know why people at call centers are always pissed off. Dealing with a bunch of dumbass customers that need to pull their head out. It's not a very forgiving job, you can come into work in a good mood and leave every day pissed off. And customers are ruthless (esp. over the phone, they are much more brave that way than in person) they don't just insult the company, they will insult YOU PERSONALLY, just because they don't like the companies rules (usually its just because they can't pay).
I worked tech support at a call center for 2 years and enjoyed it. Only reason I quit was because I didn't like working nights or weekends---that's my gig time, and homey needs his gig time for his sanity.

YCKim
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by YCKim » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:50 pm

People who take their young children to public places and then let them run around screaming like savages!!! Why do I have to be the one telling your kid not to stick his head into the fish tank in the waiting room of my car repair shop?

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:25 pm

YCKim wrote:People who take their young children to public places and then let them run around screaming like savages!!! Why do I have to be the one telling your kid not to stick his head into the fish tank in the waiting room of my car repair shop?
Home Depot used to sell machettes (sp?) ... we had two kids playing "pirate" in the garden aisle with them. I told them 4 times to knock it off. The fifth time one of them drew blood and mom threatened to sue. :roll:

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:43 pm

fieldshowqueen wrote:
YCKim wrote:People who take their young children to public places and then let them run around screaming like savages!!! Why do I have to be the one telling your kid not to stick his head into the fish tank in the waiting room of my car repair shop?
Home Depot used to sell machettes (sp?) ... we had two kids playing "pirate" in the garden aisle with them. I told them 4 times to knock it off. The fifth time one of them drew blood and mom threatened to sue. :roll:
So what was this mom doing letting her kid run around in a publicly accessible place unattended !!! somebody should sue the mom for not having a responsible guardian near by
WHS '05, UCSB '10
WOP OT Round 1 Picture Battle Champion!
WOP OT Mafia Game II: First ever mafia champions
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:33 pm

Letting two unattended kids loose in Home Depot is the same thing as turning them loose in a construction zone. There are rules against turning small children loose in places like that.

dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by dmcoach » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:33 pm

I got a few here, and I totally agree with Fieldshowqueen with my first one...

-Street lights! The ones right in front of Mission Hospital are on timers, and not pressure sensors. Lights turn green for the other direction for no reason at all, and with no one there! (creepy at night) :crying:

-Students that don't practice :td:

-Cell phones that stall and freeze (this includes my iPhone)

-Drivers that don't use their turn signals, drivers that tailgate big-rigs (HA HA HA), and drivers that freak out when they see a slight bend in the road (they hit their brakes)! :rotf:
Bryan Ray
Drum Major Instructor, Parade Advisor
Too many to list

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chapagne » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:23 pm

When my medical insurance company, to whom I pay $300 per month on top of what my employer pays, sends me something to fill out and return and doesn't provide a postage-paid envelope.
"The conductor of an orchestra doesn't make a sound. He depends for his power on his ability to make other people powerful." - Benjamin Zander

Flying bird
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Flying bird » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:10 pm

Fraternity brothers who touch and talk to each other during lectures. What is the deal with that??

seanrj
Veteran
Veteran

Post by seanrj » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:24 pm

People acting like they know your job better than you do...

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:35 pm

People who finally "get it" AFTER 85 memos, text messages, emails, phone calls, meetings and 6 months to the day you warned everyone but obviously you are invisible

senza cervello
Veteran
Veteran

Post by senza cervello » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:42 pm

People you work with who refuse to sleep the night before and begin to deteriorate your work quality. Suddenly, when they realize that the shoddy half baked quality won't get by anymore, they blame you for being sober and suggest that you need more sleep.
The o_O emoticon gives me the heebee jeebees.

twinmomma
Rookie
Rookie

Post by twinmomma » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:14 am

People who spell "losing" "loosing."
~twinmomma

AcowIntheHills[:
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by AcowIntheHills[: » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:49 pm

i can't stand non-symmetrical/non-straight without a purpose objects nor tags sticking out of jackets. Unfortunately, my peers found out about my pet peeves, so everyday in math class the guy in front of me comes in and tilts his desk (because the desk are originally in straight lines) because he knows he bugs me. GRRRRR!!! :frustrated:
In the immortal words of Ryan Anderson, "Can I get a yes please?!"