Disgusted!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

triple_threat
New Recruit
New Recruit

Disgusted!

Post by triple_threat » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Is anybody else as disgusted by the so-called "bailout" plan as I am? I am so excited my great-great-great grandkids have the fortune of inheriting this wonderful, well-thought out plan. Not to mention all the added "extras' that had to be written in just so the crusty old cranks in DC would vote yes. But what really irks me is had I decided to go out and buy a house outside of my means and sign for a loan that really wasn't worth the paper it was printed on, I would now probally be being rewarded for my incredibly stupid decision with my daughters future tax money.

So, I propose that all the rational people that didn't risk everything on a "too good to be true" loan, should be rewarded with a house. I mean why not? The govt is "giving" away rewards to all the people that didn't follow the rules. I don't think it's fair we leave out those good sensible Main St. folk. And for everyone that already has a house, but bought it because they could AFFORD it, I propose the govt should reduce their mortgage to 90% of the original loan value and reduce their current interest rate. If we are giving away our future, might as well give it away to the people that are actually paying for it!

We are quick to blame this entire fiasco on the greed of Wall St. However, way too many people bought houses they had no right to buy. I am more than irritated knowing that my foreclosure facing neighbor is getting a lifesaver thrown to him for his bad decision. And what really pisses me off more, is how so many bought houses they couldnt afford, gained equity too quickly, took equity loans and made upgrades or bought toys and took vacations. Now they are getting their loans reduced and are able to stay in their house with all their new toys and upgrades. If I understood my neighbor correctly, his "new" loan will be for for 90% of the propertys current value, not the value he originally signed for. Plus, he is out of previous subprime interest rate into a new lower, non-adjustable rate. How is this possible and where do I sign up?

I am a very frustrated, responsible decision making taxpayer that wishes we could rewind the clock back to a time that our "representative govt" was not filled with career politicians.

I do plan on voting in November, but at this point I don't think it really makes a difference if I mark the D box or the R box....ugh!

Anybody care to sway my vote?

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Disgusted!

Post by Hostrauser » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:54 pm

Nope, although I share your irritation with the Corporate Bailout Plan (that extra word at the beginning really needs to be there, since this is what the plan really is).

I've started a "Boycott Dumbocracy" group on Facebook, if you care to join. There you can vent with like-minded members about how the greatest government system in the world devolved into a blatant plutocracy and non-stop punchline.

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:27 pm

We've never had a great government system in place, we just fooled ourselves for years into thinking we did, some still believe we do. You should check out the book "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn, if you're like me and fed up with society as a whole. The "Bailout" being the most recent addition to our many problems. This problem isn't just in the U.S., it's worldwide ignorance and people need to wake up and realize the truth.

P.S. There's pretty much no difference whether you vote D or R, they are basically in the same place on the political scale. Neither one is going to make the drastic changes that need to happen.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

horns2thebachs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by horns2thebachs » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Suddenly Ron Paul doesn't seem so crazy.

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:57 pm

horns2thebachs wrote:Suddenly Ron Paul doesn't seem so crazy.
what are you talking about he was never crazy! :jester:
WHS '05, UCSB '10
WOP OT Round 1 Picture Battle Champion!
WOP OT Mafia Game II: First ever mafia champions
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/

triple_threat
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by triple_threat » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:27 pm

Suddenly Donald Duck doesn't seem so crazy! I know our govt has had problems for quite some time now, but recent developments really have me longing for a nice quiet hut on a deserted island!

I really wish "we the people" would stand up, raise their fists and say enough is enough! This country really could be great! Too bad everybody forgot how to form an independent thought.

Honk if you drive by...I'm the crazy lady with my fist in the air!

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:16 am

Uhhh....he never seemed crazy, he seemed like the best candidate from the start, people were just too stupid to realize...but I better shut up now, people will start getting offended.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:37 am

No, he still seems nuttier than a fruitcake. His economical acumen is not enough to override his naive and lunatic (to me) social and foreign policy viewpoints.

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:52 am

Hostrauser wrote:
No, he still seems nuttier than a fruitcake. His economical acumen is not enough to override his naive and lunatic (to me) social and foreign policy viewpoints.
Our nation is a far cry from being anything but naive and lunatic no matter who is elected, it could be Britney Spears as president and it wouldn't matter.

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:01 pm

The Aceman wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:
Our nation is a far cry from being anything but naive and lunatic no matter who is elected, it could be Britney Spears as president and it wouldn't matter.
I'd vote for her :bow: :bow:
Benicia High School C/O '05
Colorguard Instructor

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:33 am

Which is exactly the problem... :?

triple_threat
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by triple_threat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:21 pm

Thanks for the invite Kevin! I will stop by soon and check it out.

Anyone watching the debate tonight?

Flying bird
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Flying bird » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:34 pm

Does anyone NOT believe that we're in a recession right now? :?

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:11 pm

I don't. But then again I want Britney to be president, and Miley Cyrus should be her VP. :bow: :bow: Just kidding...about the recession part anyway...
Benicia High School C/O '05
Colorguard Instructor

Jsaxm
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jsaxm » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Flying bird wrote:Does anyone NOT believe that we're in a recession right now? :?
Hell, I know we're in a recession, but what's really scary is that this could be heading down a dark a scray road called depression.
You just can't encourage stupidity