The Lakers are going down!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

thunderdrmz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thunderdrmz » Fri May 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Hostrauser wrote: And believe me, I'm a Padres fan: I know suck when I see it.
sigh. The bottom feeding front office is finally getting what they deserve, unfortunately to the dismay of the fans. :evil:
Rhythm is my business, rhythm is what I sell

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Mon May 12, 2008 9:26 am

Well the series is tied at 2-2 now.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

cymtech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cymtech » Mon May 12, 2008 9:48 am

the jazz are like a really good std... you can try to get rid of it fast, or you can have some fun with it first.

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Mon May 12, 2008 10:09 am

Is there such a thing as a really good STD???? Not to mention, I don't know what kind of sick "fun" you would be having with STD's.

cymtech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cymtech » Mon May 12, 2008 12:52 pm

LOL

Nreuest
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Nreuest » Mon May 12, 2008 7:18 pm

i'm starting to actually get into basketball, watching the longhorns go quite a distance, and now i find myself watching the nba playoffs. i can't really say i like any one team more than the others quite yet, too bad san diego doesn't have a team.
"I haven't slept for ten days......because that would be too long." - Mitch Hedberg

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue May 13, 2008 8:26 am

Nreuest wrote:i'm starting to actually get into basketball, watching the longhorns go quite a distance, and now i find myself watching the nba playoffs. i can't really say i like any one team more than the others quite yet, too bad san diego doesn't have a team.
San Diego had their chance... TWICE. The fairweather San Diego fans didn't support either team.

Two current NBA teams once were in San Diego. The Houston Rockets were originally the San Diego Rockets (1967-1971), and the Buffalo Braves moved to San Diego in 1978 and became the San Diego Clippers. As soon as Beverly Hills attorney and real estate mogul Donald Sterling bought the Clippers circa 1981, he immediately began working with the NBA on moving the team to Los Angeles. With the Clippers averaging only 4,000-5,000 per home game, moving the team was easy.

The NBA hasn't even considered expanding into San Diego since, and probably never will again (no demand).

Brad
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Brad » Wed May 21, 2008 8:04 am

:nenr: I guess NOT!! :rotf:
Be good to your friends
Be good to strangers
be good to yourself

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Wed May 21, 2008 8:26 am

Brad wrote::nenr: I guess NOT!! :rotf:
Too bad Lakers wont win the finals, Jazz will get 'em next year.

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chapagne » Wed May 21, 2008 8:32 am

The Aceman wrote:Too bad Lakers wont win the finals, Jazz will get 'em next year.
Ah...the flyover states! It must be nice to be able to judge your team's success, not by championships, but solely by their ability to beat teams from L.A. and N.Y. :)
"The conductor of an orchestra doesn't make a sound. He depends for his power on his ability to make other people powerful." - Benjamin Zander

thunderdrmz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thunderdrmz » Wed May 21, 2008 3:31 pm

spurs are going to be tough. I'm sure the TV execs are lovin things right now
Rhythm is my business, rhythm is what I sell

Trills

Post by Trills » Wed May 21, 2008 3:54 pm

i say the lakers win 4-3

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Wed May 21, 2008 4:11 pm

Chapagne wrote:
The Aceman wrote:Too bad Lakers wont win the finals, Jazz will get 'em next year.
Ah...the flyover states! It must be nice to be able to judge your team's success, not by championships, but solely by their ability to beat teams from L.A. and N.Y. :)
Well when the two years your team finally makes it to the Finals, just so happen to be the two years the Jordan comes out of retirement and takes the Bulls to the finals....if you're going to lose in the finals though, it might as well be to Jordan and the Bulls. No one can blame you for having an easy match-up and lying down. And believe me, I don't judge my teams success by wins against L.A. and N.Y., how about looking at some other details, like Jerry Sloan's win/loss record of 1086–717, or his ability to take the Jazz into the post season 17 out of 20 years. Including a 15-year streak. Or maybe the Jazz's 6 conference championships. Not to mention franchise players like John Stockton and Karl Malone, arguably the best two players in their positions in NBA history. The Jazz have everything BUT a championship, and are a threat to win every year. And we will get one soon enough, we have a young team with a lot of talent.

aandm
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aandm » Wed May 21, 2008 6:05 pm

and even with all that, the jazz will never be considered one of the best franchises in history because they have never one a championship let alone consecutive ones. Teams like san antonio, the lakers, the celtics, the bulls, as well as various other teams are ALWAYS regarded with more respect because of this fact. Sorry jazz fans, but until you win one, you can't be in the same league as some of these teams.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed May 21, 2008 9:34 pm

Screw the Lakers, screw the Spurs, screw the Jazz...

...did anyone else see Impulse's drum line performing at half-time of tonight's game? :tup: