Need manuscript paper?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Need manuscript paper?

Post by Wildabeast » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:58 am

-Stop global whining.

SkyDog
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SkyDog » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:33 am

Neat trick. Never thought of that.

On the rare occasions I need to write something by hand nowadays, I usually just download blank manuscript paper. (The University of Virginia has a bunch of blank templates available for download HERE.)

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:14 am

That's awesome... but I'm pretty sure that they already have manuscript paper avaliable online for print...
Soldiering On!

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:21 am

What sort of lame, 20th-century reject still composes by hand? :cool:

HATE.

I was so glad when I got my first computer-notation program. I will never go back to pencil and paper.

Nreuest
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Nreuest » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:37 am

Hostrauser wrote:What sort of lame, 20th-century reject still composes by hand? :cool:
students majoring in music :(
"I haven't slept for ten days......because that would be too long." - Mitch Hedberg

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chapagne » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:28 pm

Nreuest wrote:students majoring in music
Whee! I remember melodic dictation and I still have all my little compositions for my theory classes. I used MS Word to make staff paper for my first scale sheets I made for my students. Hours in front of the TV, writing the 12 scales for 2 octaves by hand for each instrument. Key signatures took the longest.

It was time well spent, but not today. Type in one sheet and save, then transpose, save as, transpose, save as. Heaven. Start saving $$ and get a notation program. You won't be sorry. I love Sibelius, but I'm sure Finale works just fine. Do they have special prices for students?

Has anyone tried the tiny one that comes on the CD for the Essential Elements 2000 books? I never get around to it.
"The conductor of an orchestra doesn't make a sound. He depends for his power on his ability to make other people powerful." - Benjamin Zander

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:33 pm

FluteOfTheNewWorld wrote:That's awesome... but I'm pretty sure that they already have manuscript paper avaliable online for print...
Oh there is. I just never thought of using Excel. It's probably a good way if you are in a position of being internet-deprived (heaven forbid!).

Alas, here's another site that offers templates:

http://www.dolmetsch.com/manuscriptpaper.htm
-Stop global whining.

cobybos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cobybos » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:19 pm

Chapagne wrote:
Nreuest wrote:students majoring in music
Whee! I remember melodic dictation and I still have all my little compositions for my theory classes. I used MS Word to make staff paper for my first scale sheets I made for my students. Hours in front of the TV, writing the 12 scales for 2 octaves by hand for each instrument. Key signatures took the longest.

It was time well spent, but not today. Type in one sheet and save, then transpose, save as, transpose, save as. Heaven. Start saving $$ and get a notation program. You won't be sorry. I love Sibelius, but I'm sure Finale works just fine. Do they have special prices for students?
*business hat on* Sibelius does offer academic pricing for the full version of Sibelius for $329 instead of $599. We also have Sibelius Student for $99. Feel free to check out the site, www.sibelius.com. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about the program.

Gabe Cobas
Education Account Executive
Sibelius USA