Who's field show do you want to see?

Topics and polls that cover the overall marching band activity

Moderators: Trumpet Man 05, malletphreak, Hostrauser, instrumental director

crispcookie88
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crispcookie88 » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:39 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing how both valencia and el dorado will do at competitions this year. Having been in el dorado's guard and now in valencia's i've seen the hard work both schools have put into making their band programs excel. The band and colorguard instructors at both schools do a great job with getting the students to do their best. Although these schools are only 5 minutes apart the diversity of the student body is drastically different which results in el dorado having a band about twice as big as valencia's. However both programs are ran pretty similar. Even though both schools may not be the biggest names in the band world the dedication of the instructors and students makes both schools strive for perfection. El Dorado is doing Chicago, which should be very entertaining. Valencia is doing a show entitled celebration, where we are celebrating 70 years of pride, tradtion, and excelence. Its basically a show about harvesting oranges. Best of luck to both schools this season.
chewy cookies are good, but crisp cookies are better....

AznBando

Re:

Post by AznBando » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:56 pm

(response to the topic of multiple bands playing the same music.)

Dear, there are a lot of bands performing Night on Bald Mountain. lol Don't ask me why... Though it is very good music... (<--- heard it/played it)
Proud to be a Clovis West band member!
w00t! ^_^

Alwayslonely17

Post by Alwayslonely17 » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:28 pm

kiltedfreak wrote:i wanna see el camino and everyone else....i guess no one is fond of granada since no one wants to see us....i personally want to know are we like the bad band or is that like i dunno chino....casue i remember being in band and hateing all the other really rich drumlines in the jr divison...casue were poor....and our band is still poor.
hey kilted freak

what'd you mean by chino being the "bad band"? just curious because i didn't really understand your post ...and i personally don't think chino is bad AT ALL.

JoLLyxBiGGa

Re: My theme

Post by JoLLyxBiGGa » Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:36 pm

BandKid wrote:My bands theme this year is "Spirits of the night." The show consites of Toccata and fugue in D minor, The theme from Psycho, and Night on Bald Mountian. The first two come from the first Fantasa(sorry about spelling) The 2nd one and the last one. by the way I come from Sultana High.
Sweet.. our show is actually A Night on Bald Mountain.. its going pretty well... good luck guys

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: Seriously.

Post by formermarcher » Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:33 pm

VHSTrumpetGuy86 wrote:I would really like to see Valencia High Schools field show. They went undefeated last year and won SCSBOA championships for 4A last year as well. I wish them the best of luck in the future and would like to see more out of them :lol:
Undefeated? How does a band go undefeated?
You must mean won every field show...
What was they groups average score last year? Did they get alot of 80's? 90's?
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

Care_Bear
New Recruit
New Recruit

i look foward to..

Post by Care_Bear » Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:11 pm

i look foward to all of the schools. mostly liegh high school, only because i get to see them once the whole season! but im looking forward to all of the competiting bands! good luck to everyone!:wink:

Care_Bear

i HaD sOmE lAuGhS tHiS sUmMeR dOn't RuIn It fOr Me PlEaSe!
The way I see it, you can either take life full in the face or you can run from it!

rbv_trumpet05
New Recruit
New Recruit

makin a comeback

Post by rbv_trumpet05 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:08 pm

I want to see mainly vista, etiwanda, upland, and chino. thats mainly our competition this year. being from rbv, we got pounded last year from these bands, but i think this year we may just be makin a comeback. good luck to all
RBV TRUMPETS I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

dudewheresmycar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dudewheresmycar » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:43 am

After seeing awesome performances by Etiwanda, Chino and Vista, I'm really excited to see Rancho Bernardo, Mount Carmel, El Dorado, and Arcadia

bssclrnt

Post by bssclrnt » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:16 pm

Hey formermarcher,
Ayala went undefeated in WBA last year, placing below the outstanding Logan...Logan is so good anybody competiting dont rilly have a chance...good thing their not going to Fresno this year...
The Black Knight ALWAYS TRIUMPHS!!!!!!

bssclrnt

Post by bssclrnt » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:17 pm

Hey formermarcher,
Ayala went undefeated in WBA last year, placing below the outstanding Logan...Logan is so good anybody competiting dont rilly have a chance...good thing their not going to Fresno this year...
The Black Knight ALWAYS TRIUMPHS!!!!!!

Care_Bear
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: i look foward to..

Post by Care_Bear » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:27 pm

i want to see logans show to.. they always have a nice show. so full of visuals... :)

The way I see it, you can either take life full in the face or you can run from it!

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Re: i look foward to..

Post by LovableSheep » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:15 pm

Care_Bear wrote: i want to see logans show to.. they always have a nice show. so full of visuals... :)

I always would want to see them, but unfortunately, we aren't going to be at any shows they're at :cry:

ItalianMan913

Undefeated

Post by ItalianMan913 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:38 pm

Undefeated means that we got firsts in every single compatition we went to. In the SCSBOA championships we also took first and our colorgaurd beat everyone at the show. By the way we are already starting out with a great season by taking sweepstakes band, GE, and visual for 4a division. If thats not enough, i checked out the 5a scores and we beat everyone there also. Last year our scores were around the 80's.

Valencia Rocks

lukeTMRtrumpet
New Recruit
New Recruit

Tmr

Post by lukeTMRtrumpet » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:06 pm

yeh if any of you guys from southern california, we are teh tustin high Tiller Marching Regiment, after about 13 years we've gotten new uniforms from the phantom regiment and barely missing southern california championships to alimotos high by a couple points we hope to have a good show and season so check us out TMR!

Lucas
1st trumpet TMR

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:42 am

I'm wondering why I ain't getting any e-mails about notifications on this topic....

I guess I'll have to make do for now.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007