Get a water filter.

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Get a water filter.

Post by The Aceman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:28 pm

This is both disturbing and somewhat gross, Drugs in our drinking water:

http://hamptonroads.cox.net/cci/newsnat ... atearticle
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Re: Get a water filter.

Post by Ex Nihilo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:39 pm

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:27 pm

Of course, the article goes on to say that even using water filters or drinking bottled water isn't enough, so what's the point?

I hate scare-mongering articles that bring up problems at a very minute level, propose no solutions, and dwell on the worst case scenario.

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Ex Nihilo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:15 am

we're all gonna turn into women i tells you.

they're putting hormones in the drinking water. the government is gonna turn us all into women!!!!

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:47 am

Ex Nihilo wrote:we're all gonna turn into women i tells you.
they're putting hormones in the drinking water. the government is gonna turn us all into women!!!!
... you say that like that is a bad thing :wink:

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:02 am

fieldshowqueen wrote:
I, for one, don't wish lose my ability to spend less than 15 minutes getting what I came for in a store, or my ability to decide what to wear in five minutes. :cool:

:duck: :shoot: :blast: :help: :nenr:

I still like that quote/saying: "Men are smarter than women; if women were smarter, they'd all be lesbians."

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:16 am

fieldshowqueen wrote:
oy! Can you even imagine? You think we have too much war now. You think cat fights are bad, just wait until we have cat WARS. And you know it would happen too.

And c'mon hostrauser, guys don't mind shopping. As long as it for themselves and something manly, such as a car, big screen TV, tools, etc. Shopping for someone else or clothes can pretty much be chalked up to torture.

Kind of off-topic, but one thing the doesn't fall under either classification is grocery shopping. Fun if you're really hungry, boring if you just ate.

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:40 am

Hostrauser wrote:
fieldshowqueen wrote:
I, for one, don't wish lose my ability to spend less than 15 minutes getting what I came for in a store, or my ability to decide what to wear in five minutes. :cool:

I still like that quote/saying: "Men are smarter than women; if women were smarter, they'd all be lesbians."
:think:
One: I HATE shopping ... any type (grocery, clothes, Christmas gifts ...)
Two: I get showered, dried including hair, dressed and makeup put on if necessary in about 15 minutes. Deduct 5 sans makeup. And that includes picking out what I'm going to wear. AND it doesn't matter if it's everyday wear or a party, I still need to put on the same number of pieces of clothing so it still only takes me 10-15 minutes.
Three: We all know women make Da'Rules. Men wouldn't last a week as a woman (watch "What Women Want"). You will tell me I'm right about all this because that's what you all posted in a different thread.
Four: Yes men are smarter than women (a Danish study says men have 8% more brain mass and a recent SAT test study says men have a 3.5 to 5 point higher IQ than women), but women live longer. Also if men are that much smarter then they can figure out a way to fix the water - I have better things to do with my life (like passing along the "Book of Female Secrets" to my two daughters).

:twisted: :jedi: :nenr:

... and I still like the joke (and I hope this is WoP appropriate) ... Why do men become smarter when having sex? A: Because they are plugged into a genius.

AzhlackDMPiccolo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AzhlackDMPiccolo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:52 am

fieldshowqueen wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:
fieldshowqueen wrote: ... you say that like that is a bad thing :wink:

Two: I get showered, dried including hair, dressed and makeup put on if necessary in about 15 minutes. Deduct 5 sans makeup. And that includes picking out what I'm going to wear. AND it doesn't matter if it's everyday wear or a party, I still need to put on the same number of pieces of clothing so it still only takes me 10-15 minutes.
Three: We all know women make Da'Rules. Men wouldn't last a week as a woman (watch "What Women Want"). You will tell me I'm right about all this because that's what you all posted in a different thread.
Four: Yes men are smarter than women (a Danish study says men have 8% more brain mass and a recent SAT test study says men have a 3.5 to 5 point higher IQ than women), but women live longer. Also if men are that much smarter then they can figure out a way to fix the water - I have better things to do with my life (like passing along the "Book of Female Secrets" to my two daughters).

:twisted: :jedi: :nenr:

... and I still like the joke (and I hope this is WoP appropriate) ... Why do men become smarter when having sex? A: Because they are plugged into a genius.
awesome joke! but anyways. I agree, not all women fall into he stereotypical "what women are/do"
Eyes with pride!

"Ability may get you to the top but it takes character to keep you there."
-John Wooden

Pi=3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105...

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:29 am

Nothing I have to say at this juncture is WOP appropriate, so I'll be taking this to PMS... oops, I mean PMs. :razz:

FSQ, watch your inbox. :D

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:46 am

haha, comedy gold.

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:39 pm

Aceman wrote:oy! Can you even imagine? You think we have too much war now. You think cat fights are bad, just wait until we have cat WARS. And you know it would happen too.
Just for Aceman ...
(Edited to put in the right person)
Last edited by fieldshowqueen on Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Ex Nihilo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:36 pm

fieldshowqueen wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:
fieldshowqueen wrote: ... you say that like that is a bad thing :wink:

that's cuz you're not a woman.

...you're a mom!

bassoonuba
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by bassoonuba » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:39 pm

fieldshowqueen wrote: ... and I still like the joke (and I hope this is WoP appropriate) ... Why do men become smarter when having sex? A: Because they are plugged into a genius.
:lol:

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:08 pm

we should make an 18+ subforum!

The only reason why I use filtered water is because the pipes in my Home and Apartment are really old and [censored].
WHS '05, UCSB '10
WOP OT Round 1 Picture Battle Champion!
WOP OT Mafia Game II: First ever mafia champions
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/