Hostrauser's Trivia Contest #9 - February, 2008

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:35 pm

March's round will be all geography again, albeit with slightly more specific caption names (eg, the first caption is "Name that world capital").

My goal is to have everything ready and post the first question on Saturday. With the new system, this would put the last question on Friday, March 28th.

I may reduce the number of questions to 21, but I kind of prefer the three categories of eight questions setup.

BGRtumpet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BGRtumpet » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:39 pm

The problem with these is school gets in the way, and its hard to compete if youre gunna hafta sit out most of the q's. =/.
Wilcox Black and Gold Regime (NCBA)

Trumpet--Benge CG

'05 Mask of Zorro
'06 Rhapsody (in blue)
'07 "Symphony 99" (music from Beethoven's 9th and Dvořák 's 9th)
'08 Jurassic Park

saxplyr7
Veteran
Veteran

Post by saxplyr7 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:43 pm

BGRtumpet wrote:The problem with these is school gets in the way, and its hard to compete if youre gunna hafta sit out most of the q's. =/.
I'm in high school...Unless you mean college I understand (hear it's tough...?) but otherwise I'm mostly in for a lot of the questions, I just don't get/know the hint or picture that's presented haha. Otherwise if you manage your time wisely, you should be able to play unless you're taking all these AP classes and have no internet time then that's another thing haha.
Vista Murrieta Golden Alliance
GA '06 "Celestial Sketches"
GA '07 "Heroes"
GA '08 "Waves"
GA '09 "The Nile: River of Life"

senza cervello
Veteran
Veteran

Post by senza cervello » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:48 pm

saxplyr7 wrote:you should be able to play unless you're taking all these AP classes and have no internet time then that's another thing haha.
Which is technically me. Only 2 projects and 2 essays due Monday.
It's possible, really.
The o_O emoticon gives me the heebee jeebees.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:49 pm

BGRtumpet wrote:The problem with these is school gets in the way, and its hard to compete if youre gunna hafta sit out most of the q's. =/.
I try to post most questions between 4-5pm on weekdays. You aren't done with school by then?

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chapagne » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:45 am

The problem with these is school gets in the way, and its hard to compete
You could try playing just for fun. Ultimately, that's what it should be any way. If you miss a question, just don't scroll down so far to see the answer posted.

BGRtumpet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BGRtumpet » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:30 pm

Hostrauser wrote:
I try to post most questions between 4-5pm on weekdays. You aren't done with school by then?

Hahhaha I wish....
Track practice till 500....but no the real problem is that some days I just cant research possible answers, I have to much hw. Yeah Im in AP everything....cept band, that kinda drops my gpa 8-)

If the questions were hard enough that people were likely to miss quite a few it would easier to for busy people to compete, they would just have to get a percent right.

But honestly thats life. You only have so much time in a day and where you rank trivia in it all is up to you.
Wilcox Black and Gold Regime (NCBA)

Trumpet--Benge CG

'05 Mask of Zorro
'06 Rhapsody (in blue)
'07 "Symphony 99" (music from Beethoven's 9th and Dvořák 's 9th)
'08 Jurassic Park

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:00 pm

BGRtumpet wrote:If the questions were hard enough that people were likely to miss quite a few it would easier to for busy people to compete, they would just have to get a percent right.
:?

The questions were so hard I had to start giving hints. Even still, two or three people every question had the wrong answers.

Well, you're welcome to play "whenever," if you have the time and inclination.