Trombone players CAN get girls.

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Trombone players CAN get girls.

Post by Wildabeast » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:00 pm

Imagine these guys doing a jam session with Bones Apart.

Bonerama

According to the New Orleans' Big Easy Awards, Bonerama is the best rock group in NO.

Yes, I said rock.
-Stop global whining.

Jsaxm
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jsaxm » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:01 pm

Yes, trombone players can get girls, it just gets tiring for them when they have to keep refilling them after every set.
You just can't encourage stupidity

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:09 pm

Jsaxm wrote:Yes, trombone players can get girls, it just gets tiring for them when they have to keep refilling them after every set.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.... :x

azn_zeratul
Rookie
Rookie

Post by azn_zeratul » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UCk80Ksi1k

this was the akashikita high school band... a girl doing the solo on the music... >.<
it was a great night listening to them... it was like we didnt even play before them like.. we were jsut "there" lol

lot of girls were in the band compared to the boys... >.< if u have time u could watch all of them my friend uploaded so far... :)

Jsaxm
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jsaxm » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:09 pm

So I dug this topic out of the depths of the forum and I have no idea what I have started, haha!! Where in the world is this thread going?!

:lol:

lilazngrl36
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by lilazngrl36 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:23 pm

Ryan H. Turner wrote:
Jsaxm wrote:Yes, trombone players can get girls, it just gets tiring for them when they have to keep refilling them after every set.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.... :x
haha buurrrn. :lol:

3/7 of the bones at my school have girlfriends, but one of the 4 who don't is gay. so would the fraction be 3/6? if so then half the bones at my school have girlfriends...and yes they are real girls. :]

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:15 am

Yes, trombone players can get girls, they just have to suck it up and fight through the pepper spray. :cool:

I should be darn near immune to that stuff by now. :lol:

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:33 pm

If any of you saw the beginning of the Sugar Bowl, Bonerama did the national anthem.
-Stop global whining.

AcowIntheHills[:
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by AcowIntheHills[: » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:25 pm

um. trombones can so get girls, considering i'm dating one. :]
In the immortal words of Ryan Anderson, "Can I get a yes please?!"

Brad
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Brad » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:24 am

My condolences to you both.
Be good to your friends
Be good to strangers
be good to yourself

Jsaxm
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jsaxm » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:51 am

Two wasted young lives.....haha!!

KingMattIV
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KingMattIV » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:15 pm

Hey, just because trombone players are much better looking and have better personalities than any other instrument, doesnt mean that any of you should get jealous. Its just the way it is. :lol:

senza cervello
Veteran
Veteran

Post by senza cervello » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:10 am

Hostrauser wrote:Yes, trombone players can get girls, they just have to suck it up and fight through the pepper spray. :cool:

I should be darn near immune to that stuff by now. :lol:
The pepper sprays not even the worst part. The stupid roofies get so darn expensive! :tbone:
KingMattIV wrote:Hey, just because trombone players are much better looking and have better personalities than any other instrument, doesnt mean that any of you should get jealous. Its just the way it is.
Trombone players are usually the ones that slam themselves the hardest :roll: That insecurity is so attractive!
The o_O emoticon gives me the heebee jeebees.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:18 am

KingMattIV wrote:Hey, just because trombone players are much better looking and have better personalities than any other instrument, doesnt mean that any of you should get jealous. Its just the way it is. :lol:
Perhaps you should read Orchestration for the Modern Wind Ensemble by Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson...
Two Sheds wrote:Trombones
Trombone players are the chimpanzees of the ensemble. This is not a reference to their excess body hair or disgusting habit of picking insects off of each other and then eating them, but rather to the fact that they are the mischievous clown princes and princesses of any wind ensemble or orchestra. A trombonist's entire life revolves around messing with other performers and, in turn, being messed with. This particular yin and yang has been going on for around six hundred years, ever since the pre-cursor to the modern trombone was given the dignified name of "sackbut" or "sackbutt" (heehee! "Butt!").

Trombones are designed more for tone than agility and yet are directly descended from the trumpet, hence their cylindrical bore as opposed to the conical bore of the other low brass. To punish the trumpets for unleashing this hell upon the world, most conductors choose to place the trombone section directly behind the trumpet section, so that trombone players may consistently empty their spit valves into the trumpet players' cases, jackets and hair. To mess with the trombone section, it became an unwritten rule amongst all composers to choose at random which clef to write the trombone parts for any particular piece. As a result, you can find trombone music in bass clef (common in the band and orchestral repertoire), tenor clef (common in the orchestral repertoire), alto clef (common amongst Russian and Eastern European composers) and even treble clef (British brass bands).

With most instruments, tuning the instrument requires stopping to adjust tubing. The trombone is entirely adjustable tubing, so it's unacceptable for a trombone to be out of tune at any time. A study conducted in the late 1990s determined that 86.75% of all heart attacks and strokes suffered by band directors were directly induced by atonal trombone playing. Because of this, it has become fashionable amongst trombone players to have one player in the ensemble be a semi-tone off from everyone else every 13th day. The yin and yang continues.

A trombone player's rehearsal time is spent hiding behind their music stands, telling extremely rude jokes to one another and plotting their next practical joke against a particular target in the ensemble. Trombone players pay so little attention to their conductor that they could not pick him out of a line-up after the conductor had just mugged them (Richard Strauss knew this and took full advantage of it, inviting trombone players to disreputable card games at which he invariably won back their salaries).

thunderdrmz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thunderdrmz » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:03 pm

Do blow up girlfriends count?
Rhythm is my business, rhythm is what I sell