Let's get ready for some Football!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

WHY???!!! Part 2

Post by MCclarinetdude » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:45 pm

Chargers Week 3:

Ravens 24
Chargers 10 :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:frustrated: I think my family picked the wrong season to become season ticket holders. :?

Well, actually, I think the Chargers played better yesterday. Offensively, they are actually starting to drive the ball up the field, and David Boston is being used more. Tomlinson had a good game yesterday; he rushed for over a hundred yards. All they need to do now is SCORE!!!

Many times during yesterday's game, they started deep in their own territory, and got into Raven's territory, but then they weren't able to do anything.

Also, the Chargers are driving the ball for TOO LONG I think. Especially their first drive. They took seven minutes on that drive, and all they came out with was a field goal! :x In the fourth quarter, down 21, they took eight minutes to score a touchdown. You just can't take that long to score when you're down that many points in the fourth quarter.

If you get a chance to look at the stats for this game, you'll see some interesting things. These stats will show that the Chargers actually OUTPLAYED the Ravens. Of course, the score is the stat that matters.

They showed some improvement yesterday, but the Chargers need to score!!! Next week is a tough game: Oakland :shock: . Let's see if the Chargers can take the heat from the Raiders AND the fans.
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: WHY???!!! Part 2

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:33 pm

MCclarinetdude wrote:They showed some improvement yesterday, but the Chargers need to score!!! Next week is a tough game: Oakland :shock: . Let's see if the Chargers can take the heat from the Raiders AND the fans.
As I said all pre-season long, and as the Broncos are proving tonight, the Raiders just are NOT that good of a team. I predict the Chargers will get off the schneide and defeat the Raiders next weekend.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: WHY???!!! Part 2

Post by formermarcher » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:41 pm

Phantom Phan wrote:
MCclarinetdude wrote:They showed some improvement yesterday, but the Chargers need to score!!! Next week is a tough game: Oakland :shock: . Let's see if the Chargers can take the heat from the Raiders AND the fans.
As I said all pre-season long, and as the Broncos are proving tonight, the Raiders just are NOT that good of a team. I predict the Chargers will get off the schneide and defeat the Raiders next weekend.
Like I always said, if the raiders were ever going to win the superbowl, it was last year.
but they didn't and now they'll become a lesser team until they are no good anymore.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

I'm feelin' sick right now...

Post by MCclarinetdude » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:22 pm

Chargers Week 4

Raiders 34
Chargers 31 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :vomit:

This one hurts more that all the other losses combined. We actually had this one. The Chargers were up 14 points with at least six minutes left in the game, and they blew it. The Raiders score a quick TD in a 1:30, the Chargers go 3 and out, and the Raiders score another TD to force OT, when eventually Janikowski kicks the winning FG. OUCH!

THe Chargers dominated most of the game. They were led by Tomlinson, who had 180+ rushing yards. The Raiders played like crap in the first half, and even into the third quarter. However, the Raiders just didn't give up and they stepped it up in the fourth quarter and won it.

The Chargers defense just gave up at the end. That's all. They also made some mistakes in the 4th quarter too. They had to burn their second timeout before a Raiders FG attempt because they had 12 men on the field. They really could have used that timeout on the final SD drive that ended in regulation.

I'm just frustrated right now. The Chargers melted down in the fourth quarter again, a scene that I have witnessed too many times. :x

Oh well. They'll just have to try again next week.
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:48 pm

The Raiders are horrible, and I doubt they'll finish 8-8 or better. But for right now, the Chargers are easily the worst team in all of football. You just don't get a 14-point lead with five minutes left against a lousy team and then lose the game. Absolutely inexcusable.

Tomlinson was awesome and Brees (thankfully) looked better, but the Chargers defense is just miserably bad. I don't know what's going on with Marcellus Wiley and the boys up front, but they were supposed to be the strong point of the defense. Right now, the defense doesn't HAVE a strong point.

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:56 pm

Chargers Week 5:
Jacksonville 27
San Diego 21

I don't know why I'm even bothering to talk about this game. It was the same stuff that always goes wrong with the Chargers. This team has no heart. They're not even trying. Heck, I didn't even care about the game that much yesterday. People in Jacksonville didn't care either; empty seats throughout the stadium and blacked out on television. No one cared much about this "battle of the beated". Don't let the final score fool you, this game wasn't close at all. Thank God they have a bye this week. Maybe after their bye they'll miraculously become a good team and they'll win 11 in a row and make the playoffs. Oh, I'm hopeless dreamer...
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:32 pm

The Chargers offense is fine. Brees is finally looking good, David Boston is a monster, and LT is the man.

The defense, however, stinks. No, that's too kind of a word. The Golden Girls could put up 20+ against the Chargers' defense. The Chargers easily have the worst defense in football, especially against the pass. At the start of the year, I said that the Chargers had a lot of young, talented players on defense. Well, they're definitely looking young, but they aren't looking all that talented.

Any team with a really strong offensive feature (either passing game or running game) will handle the Chargers easily. After the bye the Bolts face the Browns (passing) and then the Dolphins (running). Can you say 0-7? Their first GOOD chance at a win will be against the Bears on 11/2. Then they get the Vikings (everything on offense) and Broncos (same). 1-9, at best, maybe 0-10 if they let the Bears slip away. Cincinnati (11/23) is a winnable game, then the Bolts will get rolled by KC again. Detroit's a winnable game, then San Diego hosts Brett Favre and the Pack, before finishing off against Pittsburgh (passing) and Oakland (winnable).

The Chargers are looking at 4-12 AT BEST unless they start playing better pass defense.

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Chargers Week 7

Post by MCclarinetdude » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:42 pm

Chargers Week 7:
San Diego 26
Cleveland 20

:D YES!!! THE WAIT IS OVER!!! Chargers finally have their first win! WOOHOO!!! :D 8-)

It was a messy game. The Chargers still made plenty of mistakes, but they were able to pull it out and win.

LT had another fine day. Brees and Boston didn't do very well. But the defense really stepped it up today. The defense has improved, AND they didn't blow it in the last 2 minutes. Wow.

Not much else to say. I'm glad the Chargers finally got their first win today, so they wouldn't be as much of an embarrassment next week, on national TV. I'll be in attendance next Monday to root my Chargers on. Look for me on TV! My family and I will be the ones wearing Chargers blue, and with the luck we've had, we'll also be the people surrounded by Dolphins fans. :wink: GO CHARGERS!!! 8-)
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...