wat do you do at football games?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

kiltedfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kiltedfreak » Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:49 pm

lol
Potato.

jrichmond68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jrichmond68 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:10 pm

YES! We've done that a few times...
I don't know what you guys are talking about....I <3 the cheerleaders!!!
Especially since they now have some rhythm (for those readers not knowledgeable about Westlake Football games; we play an "unofficial" fight song, the Hamms Beer jingle, accompanied by the "tomahawk" chop; yes, we are twice as offensive as any other group, if only anyone else would figure it out), the cheerleaders motion the Tomahawk Chop together...ON THE BEAT!!! :shock:

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:54 pm

jrichmond68 wrote:
YES! We've done that a few times...
I don't know what you guys are talking about....I <3 the cheerleaders!!!
Especially since they now have some rhythm (for those readers not knowledgeable about Westlake Football games; we play an "unofficial" fight song, the Hamms Beer jingle, accompanied by the "tomahawk" chop; yes, we are twice as offensive as any other group, if only anyone else would figure it out), the cheerleaders motion the Tomahawk Chop together...ON THE BEAT!!! :shock:
My, aren't they just getting on great now.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

BariSx_G
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BariSx_G » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:42 pm

Great times at football games. The biggest shocker though: OUR TEAM ACTUALLY WON, AND BY A BIG MARGIN.

During kickoffs, some of us saxes like to take off our mouthpieces and blow on 'em. Other times, we just play whenever the heck we feel like it. Our pep tunes are small and repetitive, especially the Hey song. We almost always play that, but people love it every single time.

Ooh, and Seven Nation Army. :D

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:24 pm

jrichmond68 wrote: Especially since they now have some rhythm
Theres cheerleaders with rhythm?!? Nuh-uh! Where can we find some?

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:27 pm

BariSx_G wrote:Great times at football games. The biggest shocker though: OUR TEAM ACTUALLY WON, AND BY A BIG MARGIN.

During kickoffs, some of us saxes like to take off our mouthpieces and blow on 'em. Other times, we just play whenever the heck we feel like it. Our pep tunes are small and repetitive, especially the Hey song. We almost always play that, but people love it every single time.

Ooh, and Seven Nation Army. :D
We play space chords...maybe distract the guy catching the ball...or the guy kicking it...whoever wants to listen.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:09 pm

our band plays pep songs, and the guard just dances. When the band plays "tequilla" we all yell GRANADA instead of tequilla.

A few of us have made up mini routines to most of the songs, "Big Spender" "I wanna hold your hand"......etc......
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

Euphoniums Rule!!!
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Euphoniums Rule!!! » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:32 am

It's kind of funny but when I was a drum major sometimes the other conductor would conduct the songs our cheer and pep squads danced to too fast and watching them tumble over themselves was kind of funny. Otherwise all we do is play stand tunes... play half-time show... march around the track and up the ramp to our band room. It's exciting!!!j/k
Hi! I'm glad to have met you!

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:10 pm

We make our new bari Rob shake his booty. We also used to make a clarinet do his little dance. Then there's the tubas randomly dripping spit on me, oh so sexy. Oh! And I LOVE to poke people while they're playing. I still haven't gotten caught surprisingly.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

JohnnyffX
Rookie
Rookie

well...

Post by JohnnyffX » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:26 pm

when we had a director we would be so quiet...but now we have some other man and he is so free-spirited that we mess around way too much it actually is quite a lot, but its fun to act stupid, occasionally because you dont wanna end up in trouble and being stereo typed as a retarded band geek